Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Im new to the board.....well not really Ive just been lazy to register.
So I went down to the Dealer (Saturn of Cerritos, I picked this one since my brother bought his redline Ion here and they treated him great) to give my $1000 Deposit today. Im #27 in their list and they say they are the #1 Dealer in the US so they will get more skys than other dealers.
I read in some posts that you were actually able to place orders and got some kind of order number. I didnt get any kind of order number I just got a receipt and I filled up the "Sky early registration form" I asked them if I was able to order it how I wanted it and they told me no, that the would try to match what I wanted as close as possible. They would only match the color and Transmision choices.
I also asked them if they were going to go over on the MSRP and they said yes about 2-3Ks

So what do you think?

Thanks

PS I got a red one and stick of course :willy:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
HotRedRoadster said:
So I went down to the Dealer (Saturn of Cerritos, I picked this one since my brother bought his redline Ion here and they treated him great) to give my $1000 Deposit today. Im #27 in their list and they say they are the #1 Dealer in the US so they will get more skys than other dealers.
I read in some posts that you were actually able to place orders and got some kind of order number. I didnt get any kind of order number I just got a receipt and I filled up the "Sky early registration form" I asked them if I was able to order it how I wanted it and they told me no, that the would try to match what I wanted as close as possible. They would only match the color and Transmision choices.
I also asked them if they were going to go over on the MSRP and they said yes about 2-3Ks

So what do you think?

Thanks

I think you oughta drive on up here to vacaville or santa rosa and put your name on their list. They are only asking 500 deposit, the list is shorter than 27, its at msrp and you order what you want... they don't "get it as close as possible"
how long is the drive from cerritos?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have family in santa rosa and our roadtrips up there usualy take about 8 hours but I wouldnt mind at all.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I just mapped it at about 6 hours drive. Might be worth it to save 2-3k and get what you want instead of what the dealer wants.
let me know if you want contact info and I'll send you my dealers name and # so you can verify yourself.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah man. that sounds good...give me your sales man's number ill give them a call and see what we can work out.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
HotRedRoadster said:
Yeah man. that sounds good...give me your sales man's number ill give them a call and see what we can work out.
ya, I forgot, this is california... yahoo maps doesn't figure in our great traffic!!! :lol: :lol:

I'll PM it to you tomorrow... I want to call and make sure I'm right about the number of ppl on the list. I asked him a few weeks ago and I believe it was around 10-15.
they used the first image to order their demo car and are expecting to get 3 more when saturn releases the next batch of images and to get 2 or 3 a month thereafter. Of course, these are guesses.. we won't know for sure how many per month he gets till it happens.

you have any family/friends in Rohnert Park?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They live in Sonama and Santa Rosa...thanks for your help. :D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
cool, was just being nosy. :cheers: I grew up here in RP the towns not that big... thought we might know the same ppl.

anyway, I'll PM you the info tomorrow.

·
Registered
802 Posts
HotRedRoadster said:
So what do you think?
Thanks
(So what do you think?) I would say go get your check, tear it up - drive about 10 miles further west - go to Saturn of Torrance - write check for $500 - get lower number on waiting list - not above MSRP - and be with just as big a "dealer" - ps, they have had my check for nearly 6 months and they haven't cashed it! - I don't think you would have to go as far as Santa Rosa, but it is a nice drive (once you get out of LA)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went to Saturn of Capital Expressway and they said that they aren't doing a waiting list and not taking pre-orders. Their cars will be sold on a first come first serve as they hit the lot at MSRP. The question is if they really mean it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sky

I think you should contact <removed by moderator> and be put on their list you will be #3 and have a very good chance of ordering what you want with what options and color and pay only the Sticker price not a cent over. :thumbs: and receiving your sky this year, being #27 you will get your sky in 2008 :banghead:

EDIT BY ADMIN: I don't know what your deal is, but you have been warned multiple times about commercial posting. Please see new thread that will address this in public, since you don't like to respond to PM's

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
HotRedRoadster said:

So what do you think?

Thanks

I think ya all should come here to Arizona. No deposit required, they will just start calling ya when they are ready to order yours with whatever ya want. Have a wonderful day everyone :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eldeeko said:
(So what do you think?) I would say go get your check, tear it up - drive about 10 miles further west - go to Saturn of Torrance - write check for $500 - get lower number on waiting list - not above MSRP - and be with just as big a "dealer" - ps, they have had my check for nearly 6 months and they haven't cashed it! - I don't think you would have to go as far as Santa Rosa, but it is a nice drive (once you get out of LA)
Just gave me a call, they pretty much told me the same thing Cerritos Saturn told me about getting the car the way I wanted it. As far as paying over the MSRP he told me he wasnt sure about that, he said he would find out and give me a call.

·
Registered
802 Posts
HotRedRoadster said:
Just gave me a call, they pretty much told me the same thing Cerritos Saturn told me about getting the car the way I wanted it. As far as paying over the MSRP he told me he wasnt sure about that, he said he would find out and give me a call.
Hotred-one, Check your private messages..short note there.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:
Eldeeko, check yours.

ERNEST
awwwwww.... i checked mine .:confused: . just for fun.. and NOTHING.... boo hoo... SkyBaby-07 not feeling the love .....

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I checked mine and had a note from SkyBaby! She's the bomb.

:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:
Hey SkyBaby, check yours!!! Again!!!!:D

ERNEST:thumbs:

WOW... I GOT MAIL.. I GOT MAIL..... how exciting.... it is like CHRISTMAS... ty Ernest...... :D SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Spag said:
I checked mine and had a note from SkyBaby! She's the bomb.

:D
If i am a bomb...i hope it is something sweet... like a cherry bomb... or strawberry.... lolol..... MAIL IS GREAT..... have a great night... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 22 Posts