Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are happy to annouce our hi-flow metal matrix catalytic converter.
Made of 100% 304 stainless steel inside and out, it will be a direct replacement for the stock converter and be shipped with all mounting hardware.
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Solstice Hi-flow converter.htm

Retail price is $225.00.
Pre-order sale is $200.00 plus shipping.
Total delivered is $210.00.

If you are interested in pre-ordering you must agree to waiting at least 3 weeks for shipping as we are waiting on our cnc laser cut flanges and cores.

If you would like to order our converter with our shorty header, the total delivered is $625.00. With the pre-order special, total delivered is $600.00!

If anyone has any questions let us know.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Pre Order right here

·
Registered
128 Posts
when will it post on your site, or am I just missing it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't up-dated the site yet. I want to at least get a few assembled and then get some pictures up. Price will be added to the site next week.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
so are they done?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
sounds yummy :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
good price! Also great to hear you are doing full metal matrix, not those cheapie ceramic cores that break down like some other companies.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Ok Ima little ignorant of this. I am sure others would like to ask but do not want to embarass themselves, but I DGAS--What exactly will this do for me?
I mean a catalytic converter is a converter no? Is not the idea to keep pollution down out of the exhaust? If you would be so kind to please explain this device "so us lay people could understand" what exactly is the benefit". That would help many, AND perhaps generate MORE sales--What is it?:confused: Will it improve gas mileage? will it improve power? can it be adapted to dual exhaust? you know the little things--Pls explain thanks---OH and MOST important, if this mod is done on my Sky, "will it effect my warranty on the drive train??" Thanks for ur answer(s)..--The price sound very reasonable, but whats the advantage of having this device?? Heck your explanantion here might make ME decide to buy this--:D

PS: Man I sure hope it is appropriate to ask these questions in here--IF not I apoligize and an Admin is more that welcome to delete and move it--or what ever, hopefully it will be cool--:cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok Ima little ignorant of this. I am sure others would like to ask but do not want to embarass themselves, but I DGAS--What exactly will this do for me?
I mean a catalytic converter is a converter no? Is not the idea to keep pollution down out of the exhaust? If you would be so kind to please explain this device "so us lay people could understand" what exactly is the benefit". That would help many, AND perhaps generate MORE sales--What is it?:confused: Will it improve gas mileage? will it improve power? can it be adapted to dual exhaust? you know the little things--Pls explain thanks---OH and MOST important, if this mod is done on my Sky, "will it effect my warranty on the drive train??" Thanks for ur answer(s)..--The price sound very reasonable, but whats the advantage of having this device?? Heck your explanantion here might make ME decide to buy this--:D

PS: Man I sure hope it is appropriate to ask these questions in here--IF not I apoligize and an Admin is more that welcome to delete and move it--or what ever, hopefully it will be cool--:cool:
You have every right to ask questions! We are pleased to answer as many as possible so that a customer has all the info they need to make the right decision before a purchase. :)
The converter we offer is of the highest quality there is for converters, it is an all SS metal, spiral wound matrix and shell. It is a 400 cell count that will pass even Cali strict emissions and has a higher flow rate then stock or comparable ceramic core converters. ( The higher the flow rate the better for performance and gas milage will depend on how you use your right foot! but usually you can see a increase there as well :) )
It will not harm your factory warranty on any part of your car. The only concern people might have is in a visual inspection for emissions, and even at that they need to know what they are actually looking for, as our converter is a direct replacement for the stock one.
We use the same converter in our hook-up section that goes with our Tri-y header also. And yes this can work just fine with a dual exhaust set-up. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
sorry im lost also....will this add hp and increase gas milage?

·
Registered
65 Posts
sorry im lost also....will this add hp and increase gas milage?
Yes, yes it will :thumbs: The gas milage won't be a huge jump, but depending on your driving style, you should see a little at least. :)
Sorry if I had not made that clear. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I already have an intake and reflashed ecm on my car...I have on order a big bore TB, Header, cat-back exhaust. Is the cat converter really that big of a bottleneck that I need to replace it? I mean she is really gonna move once I get the other things on the car. I will wind up getting it because I just HAVE to get all the toys but I really feel that there will be ZERO noticeable difference considering my car will breathe as good as possible already.

or am I out to lunch with this thinking?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Back to top...

anyone?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The stock converter is much more restrictive than our hi-flow. So anytime you can reduce back pressure you increase power and torque. Plus you save at least 3 pounds. :)

I assume everryone was waiting for pictures. SO, here you go:
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Solstice Hi-flow converter.htm
Todd is going to take the converter to the buffing pad today just to add some bling to it. But it wont last anyways as the 304 stainless will turn brownish/gold very quickly.

All I need are the studs and the factory ball gasket and we can get the first shipped. We will be building more next week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How does your $200 converter differ from the $50 Magnaflow High Performance Converters on ebay? Besides the "cnc laser cut flanges".

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please post the link you are referring to so I can take a look.

But, based on the price alone I know the magnaflow converter is NOT a spiral wound converter. Nor is the substrate made of 304 stainless steel. They are most likely offering the old school ceramic biscuit substrate converter. Even with a cell count of 400 the flow rate will not come anywhere close to the substrate we are offering. Take a close look at the pictures I posted. The factory converter uses the ceramic biscuit substrate which is most likely identical to what the Magnaflow converter you mention uses.

Our converters are made of 100% 304 stainless steel using a spiral wound 304 stainless steel substrate with 400 cell count density. We also use laser cut flanges to factory specs and then have the time to fit and weld the converter so it is a direct factory replacement part. We include the mounting studs, the collector gasket and the factory ball gasket.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts