Saturn Sky Forum banner

Hi from Kappasphere...

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Nemesis 
#1 ·
Hey everyone :)
I just wanted to introduce myself. My names Neil and I am the business development manager for Kappasphere. Our job is to bring you guys all kinds of tasty bits for your Sky. We've been developing numerous products for the Solstice but most of these products crossover to the Saturn Sky. We will also be offering Sky specific parts too. Like most of you here we too have a Sky on order... when will it be here?... only the car gods know :confused:

Feel free to call me or visit our website and sign up for our newsletter that will feature the latest projects we are working on and any kind of special we are offering. Your input is extremely valuable to us, so if you guys have any ideas for new products or opinions on existing parts please contact me. At the end of the day our company is run by a bunch of car crazy people too.

Thanks and looking forward to bringing you some cool stuff.
Cheers :cheers:

Neil Ratnavira

#5 ·

Attachments

#9 ·
Another one for you Neil. The stock stationery and drive by sounds tinny and turerish (NOT good). Question, is the sound from the Kappasphered one from a SKY (if not what vehicle was it installed on please). Thanks

Also, we all would love the duel exhaust (which the SKY will not have until the turbo comes out and we're all stuck with the regular SKY). So you MUST come up with an accessary that will at least LOOK like we have duels that will match.

#10 ·
Thanks Neil

It was great talking with you yesterday Neil, thanks for getting all the goodies up on the Sky site. I am already making my list of things to order. I also have a few ideas but I will wait on those for now and ask you later.

look forward to doing business with you soon

Take Care
Kimberly:)

#11 ·
And the Kappashield

Oh! and secondly, that Kappashield looks great, We have a similar one on the bug convertible but it is black mesh/metal. The one you have designed looks great because you can hardly see it so it doesn't wreck the look of the car but still blocks out that extra wind coming into the drivers area. Nice work

Kimberly

#12 ·
doberman said:
Another one for you Neil. The stock stationery and drive by sounds tinny and turerish (NOT good). Question, is the sound from the Kappasphered one from a SKY (if not what vehicle was it installed on please). Thanks

Also, we all would love the duel exhaust (which the SKY will not have until the turbo comes out and we're all stuck with the regular SKY). So you MUST come up with an accessary that will at least LOOK like we have duels that will match.
Corsa makes a muffler that can be fitted as a replacement for the stock muffler. It has single inlet and dual exhaust outlets for the dual look. Let me know if you are interested as the rear valance is also being made with dual cutouts.

#13 ·
doberman said:
Neil, looks like some nice stuff. Here's a question: What is the clear glass looking arch thing behind the headrests? What does it do or accomplish?
Thanks
Doberman, thanks. The clear glass is our KappaShield... it is a wind deflector. What it does is help with the turbulence in the cabin when the top is down, like a rear windshield.

Neil

#14 ·
doberman said:

The Kappasphere exhaust notes where recorded from our Pontiac Solstice... same engine and layout as the Sky. And yes we will be offering a duel exhaust.

Neil

#15 ·
ChiliSky said:
It was great talking with you yesterday Neil, thanks for getting all the goodies up on the Sky site. I am already making my list of things to order. I also have a few ideas but I will wait on those for now and ask you later.

look forward to doing business with you soon

Take Care
Kimberly:)
Kimberly,
It was great chating with you too. Let me know if you have any other question. :)

Neil

#17 ·
Stop the noise!!

Seems to me that a loud exhaust is just what this car doesn't need as the occupants are subjected to all kinds of noises due to the open top.
If I were in the manufacturing business I think I would be looking to make a hardtop for both the Sky and the Solstice. Not just for bad weather but for noise buffering. The only salvation a person has to someone elses taste in loud music (music? NOT!) is closing the windows. I think a well designed lightweight top would be a big seller for the times of year it would be needed.
My own personal thoughts
ElDeeko

#18 ·
Mud Flaps

I would like to see a set of after market front and rear mud flaps. They look cool and keep mud, tar and stone chips off of the side of the car. I would prefer quality custom molded ones, rather than the cheap vacuum formed plastic types as seen in auto parts stores. I would not put those on my Sky.

#19 ·
eldeeko said:
Seems to me that a loud exhaust is just what this car doesn't need as the occupants are subjected to all kinds of noises due to the open top.
If I were in the manufacturing business I think I would be looking to make a hardtop for both the Sky and the Solstice. Not just for bad weather but for noise buffering. The only salvation a person has to someone elses taste in loud music (music? NOT!) is closing the windows. I think a well designed lightweight top would be a big seller for the times of year it would be needed.
My own personal thoughts
ElDeeko
GM now has a premium liner for the top available for th eSolstice and sure it will be available on the Sky. You cannot purchase it at $150 without also purchasing OnStar at $695 and if you also get XM you must include the premium Monsoon speaker system. So any reduction if exterior noise is cancelled by increase in interior sound.

GM showed hardtop at SEMA, although their version precludes using the trunk at the same time top is installed. A top that is shorter at back (without buttresses) would be more ideal for use of vehicle although not as asthetically pleasing.

For me, even if sound did not change I want a dual outlet exhaust. Don't need twin outlets on each side but whatever replacement muffler goes on my car has to have2 outlets

Attachments

#20 ·
skyfan said:
I would like to see a set of after market front and rear mud flaps. They look cool and keep mud, tar and stone chips off of the side of the car. I would prefer quality custom molded ones, rather than the cheap vacuum formed plastic types as seen in auto parts stores. I would not put those on my Sky.
No pics but Pontiac has custom molded flaps available. Sky version will I am sure, follow. http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accesso...detail=00_PON_SOL_MSG_01&sid=4317767906295991

#21 ·
Delnari said:
Corsa makes a muffler that can be fitted as a replacement for the stock muffler. It has single inlet and dual exhaust outlets for the dual look. Let me know if you are interested as the rear valance is also being made with dual cutouts.
Delnari,
I am very interested on the Corsa, but do you know if the inlet is 3", since I want to replace the exhaust pipe 2.5" from the converter back with a 3".
Thanks.

#22 ·
achieftain said:
GM now has a premium liner for the top available for th eSolstice ....
For me, even if sound did not change I want a dual outlet exhaust. Don't need twin outlets on each side but whatever replacement muffler goes on my car has to have2 outlets
Price isn't the object as far as a hardtop goes (up to a point). I just want something that is the same color as the body but also strong with insulation from outside noise.

Dual exhausts would be nice but with a nice mellow sound - not like some of the Hondas with their throaty megaphone sound.

I don't like the sounds of the Solstice that are recorded here on the forum but maybe a recording made from inside the car would sound hopefully better.

#23 ·
Sound, shmound....

The Audio clips sound great with the Kappa exhaust, but what HP gains have your seen with the addition of the intake and exhaust? If this thing is only going to have 177HP, I'm going to want to beef it up alittle. I will want HP gains as well as sound. Any idea yet? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.