Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Bill I have decided that Sky is my next car. I am in the hospital recovering from a car accident, I was a passenger and we were T-boned on the passenger side. Doctors say I am making great strides, I can walk again but have trouble sitting low and getting back up. This is why I need your help. If anyone has a Sky with an electric seat, could you measure the distance from the ground to the top of the seat when it is fully up? I can handle getting up from my car seat, lowered all the way but I think the Sky is somewhat lower. I only need the height from the ground up to seat height maximum. Would be grateful for the information. Hopefully, I will be out of the hospital and rehab in another month and get on with my life. Thank you.....

·
Super Moderator
11,488 Posts
My name is Bill I have decided that Sky is my next car. I am in the hospital recovering from a car accident, I was a passenger and we were T-boned on the passenger side. Doctors say I am making great strides, I can walk again but have trouble sitting low and getting back up. This is why I need your help. If anyone has a Sky with an electric seat, could you measure the distance from the ground to the top of the seat when it is fully up? I can handle getting up from my car seat, lowered all the way but I think the Sky is somewhat lower. I only need the height from the ground up to seat height maximum. Would be grateful for the information. Hopefully, I will be out of the hospital and rehab in another month and get on with my life. Thank you.....
Welcome. I don't have a power seat but this car does sit low. Hopefully someone here can get that info for you. Hope it works for you and hope you recover soon.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I hope you recover quickly!
I got my car because the previous owner couldn't get in and out of it due to age and his back.

I love the Sky and vote everyone tries one. It may not be for you with your recovery.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Sky and Solstice seats are very close to the ground compared to a typical sedan.....even with the seat height adjusted all the way "up". You cannot determine from a measurement because of how we sink into the seats. I strongly advise to wait for a Sky or Solstice to come up for sale locally and try one out for size "Before" committing to buy one. It really needs to be your very first action before spending so much effort in shopping for the ideal one.

My wife and I will both be 63 years old this year. We are not over-weight and are fairly nimble with good knees for working the clutch pedal. Everyone has their own physical limitations which should not be taken lightly, but rather very seriously. The thrill of owning such a car will evaporate quickly if dealing with interfering physical limitations.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I strongly advise to wait for a Sky or Solstice to come up for sale locally and try one out for size "BEFORE" buying one.
agreed
not sure how easy entry/exit is from a coupe but at 72 don’t have much problem getting in and out if I follow the process...

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had knee and hip tendonitis last summer. It killed me all summer to move at all. My car is a 5spd too....but let me say, where there's a will, there's a way.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Looked at from the other side of things, if you elevate the seat as far as it will go, depending on how tall you are, you may be looking at the windshield top bar or your legs may hit the steering wheel. I think you should wait until you can actually test out sitting in a car and adjusting all the way up and down to see if it works for you.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
If your head goes up too high, the steering wheel blocks your view of the gauges. I went out of my way to install a height-adjustable driver seat only to adjust it at it's lowest setting. At least my wife utilizes it a bit.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yes, I also set my seat at the lowest setting - but it is very important to have the controls because I found that moving the seat forward a few inches, then reclining it back against the rear bulkhead gave me the absolute most comfortable seating position.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Am 5'-11" and find it ideal to move the seat a tad bit forward, then recline to see the instrumentation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts