Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Sławomir, I'm from Poland, I present to you my Opel GT. I bought in February 2021 and since then I changed a little, chrome in black, lamps in black, logo, parking sensors etc ... in the plans the center, upholstery, radio, paint in black gloss plastic.

Established H&R suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N insert, diffuser, grill.

The car is the perfect toy to catch the eyes of others and give you a full banana on your face.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the far west suburbs of the Windy City! You have a beautiful Opel GT, and I get why it gives one “a full banana on your face” or what many refer to as “Permagrin” 😃!

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Hello, my name is Sławomir, I'm from Poland, I present to you my Opel GT. I bought in February 2021 and since then I changed a little, chrome in black, lamps in black, logo, parking sensors etc ... in the plans the center, upholstery, radio, paint in black gloss plastic.

Established H&R suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N insert, diffuser, grill.

The car is the perfect toy to catch the eyes of others and give you a full banana on your face. View attachment 116214 View attachment 116215 View attachment 116216 View attachment 116218 View attachment 116217
Welcome Fidel!

Where did you get the black bar for the grill???

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and ownership club.
Nice looking Opel GT there. Mileage?
No issues? Battery? Tires? Fluids?
Old is old even if it looks new.

Looks like the previous owner did some upgrades
before you bought it. What you have done since
purchase is to personalize the car to your tastes.

The all blacked out look is popular with some here who
have by personal choice updated the chrome look from the 90's norm.

Catching the eyes of the unknowing or the attractive female is what this car does.
Entertainment for you. Yes the passenger seat is... unoccupied just in case you were
wondering there- you wanna GO for spin? Your never know until she asks.
Why wait offer first... then see her reaction there after?

Park it some where popular, sit back from a far- record with your phone cam the
reaction it gets by the attention it draws- " What is this?" "I have to get a selfie with
this cool car for my Twitter feed or Instagram." Gas stops are always fun. Stop lights.
The quick stop for a cold drink- even in an out of the way place will draw attention to
it and to you the owner/operator.

Trust me- this is not uncommon for our car any where in the world. It never gets old.
The public- the masses still love it to this day even though it has been out of
production for quite some time now.

Now as to that "Full Banana" part- I think judging from personal experiences here
that does happen to... a different part of the human anatomy on occasion just say'n.
Have you... experienced a full banana today? Every time I turn the key.
Your results will vary.

The permagrin smile will never leave your face, whether you are admiring our gem
sitting still, out in a crowd one day drawing attention or on a back road twisty section
and the odd car coming the other way the driver goes- WTH was that.. look on their face?

LAC

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
You don't mention any problems, so can we assume that the hydraulics and ABS are happy with the different caliper?
Have you tested in conditions where the ABS is activated?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
of course the tests were right away, a few weak braking, then a few sharp 120-0km / h, no problems. ABS is working properly, TCS is also working properly, computer does not detect errors. braking is better, stronger, smoother. the whole set is around 1000euro.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts