Saturn Sky Forum banner

What are you looking for in an HID kit?

• I would pay over $200 for a real HID kit.

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • I would pay over $300 for a real HID kit.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • A fake HID kit would work just fine. Real HID's are to expensive.

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • I'm not interested, the stock headlights are just fine.

Votes: 25 39.1%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. We are looking into a true HID kit for the Sky and was wondering what everyone would think. I did some searching on the forum and there are a few threads about HID's and Xenon's but I thought I would make a poll of our own to determine what is most wanted.

Keep in mind all true HID kits are generaly in the $300 range. I am just trying to get a feeler for how much they are worth to you and wanted to give you a few price options for survey sake.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sooo...Whatcha' got in the kit buddy? How's about a picture.:)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Are these street legal anymore? I always hear different things.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Stock SKY headlights are the best OEM headlights I have ever had....I love em as they are.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
After thinking about it and really giving them a look at, there are so many other things I'd rather spend my SKY $$ on... So I will keep them as they are.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think this would be great, but I would love to see what it would look like first. If the price is reasonable, and the kit is well made, and it is TRUE HID I would be interested.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We don't have a kit yet. Still researching before we determine what we want to release. They will be high quality and look like any other HID kit on a car. Picture the new vet with HID's and it will be what the sky will look like.

What comes in the kit will depend on the demand. No sence in making a true HID kit for $300 (the going cost for an HID kit for any car) if no one will pay that much. A true HID kit would have bulbs and balasts and all the wireing. A blue bulb kit would just have bulbs. We may get a kit on our sky so everyone can see but that is yet to be determined. I am not 100% sure on the legality of HID's but will know before release.

As for price you are not going to see any true HID kits for under $200 and that would be hard to find. Most kits are $300 and up. We are talking about the real deal here. Not just blue bulbs.

·
Registered
444 Posts
We don't have a kit yet. Still researching before we determine what we want to release. They will be high quality and look like any other HID kit on a car. Picture the new vet with HID's and it will be what the sky will look like.

What comes in the kit will depend on the demand. No sence in making a true HID kit for $300 (the going cost for an HID kit for any car) if no one will pay that much. A true HID kit would have bulbs and balasts and all the wireing. A blue bulb kit would just have bulbs. We may get a kit on our sky so everyone can see but that is yet to be determined. I am not 100% sure on the legality of HID's but will know before release.

As for price you are not going to see any true HID kits for under $200 and that would be hard to find. Most kits are $300 and up. We are talking about the real deal here. Not just blue bulbs.

I for one would love to see you make a quality kit.

This kit on eBay shows the basics, but only has the low beam apparently..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...tegoryZ33710QQihZ011QQitemZ320030875836QQrdZ1

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is no substitute for experience, an empty wallet and a frustrating day in the garage.

"blue HID-like bulbs" = burnt up wring harness = 2 hours splicing new harness

$350 Phillips HID kit = engine full of crap and wires = host of problems for current headlight set up = 2 hours ripping everything out and syaing I will never get suckered into wanting to look like an Audi again!

The after market is the sucks! beware!

Save your hard earned cash for a GT wing..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I'll probably stay with OEM, I don't beleive my wife would go for these. :nono:

·
Registered
366 Posts
If it was a high quality kit with a clean install of some sort I'd certainly put down the cash for it. Colored bulbs are just retarded in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
As mentioned if it was good quality (which is all I've seen come from you guys :thumbs: ) I'd be willing to pay over $300 for a kit like this for a full conversion. I've seen plenty of people pay upwards of $800 for HID kits.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
As mentioned if it was good quality (which is all I've seen come from you guys :thumbs: ) I'd be willing to pay over $300 for a kit like this for a full conversion. I've seen plenty of people pay upwards of $800 for HID kits.
:agree: :agree:

I'm there also... Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Regards,

BA...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts