Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kits are people using that are completely plug and play? I bought the Opt7 Blitz kit. Seemed ok but face one problem. You have to cut a hole in the cap, which I am fine with. Problem is only bulb wiring passes through the provided grommet when the wiring connecting to the factory connector needs to go through the grommet to. I can either hack that wiring to pass it through the grommet or find a better kit. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have a similar Opt7 kit on my car. On one of the connectors you can remove the wires from it and push the wires thru. I found this info in the install directions or called them. No hacking necessary.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a similar Opt7 kit on my car. On one of the connectors you can remove the wires from it and push the wires thru. I found this info in the install directions or called them. No hacking necessary.

Thought what the heck. Tried it when i got home today and seemed to come apart and back together ok. Waiting for a warm day and will see what happens. Thanks

·
Registered
968 Posts
When getting my car ready for a trip to the shop to fix the water pump (still hasn't been fixed, by the way), I discovered that one of the headlamps was out. I found "Beamtech" brand LED direct replacements that claim to produce a clear, even beam and cost less than a set of high-output halogen lamps. It's kind of a gamble, but at under ~$40 it's hard to argue with them...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought what the heck. Tried it when i got home today and seemed to come apart and back together ok. Waiting for a warm day and will see what happens. Thanks

Well tried today and the bulbs fit but do not snap into place in the housing and bounce around/come loose easily. Also don't really seem to fit with the dust cover in place (with a hole cit in it) Going to return them and try something else.

What are you guys using that work well (HID or LED)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Well tried today and the bulbs fit but do not snap into place in the housing and bounce around/come loose easily. Also don't really seem to fit with the dust cover in place (with a hole cit in it) Going to return them and try something else.

What are you guys using that work well (HID or LED)
I took the rubber washers off the halogen bulbs and carefully put them on the HID's. They screwed in tight and have worked ever since.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried flipping the washer around so it sits a little different and the bulb sit in there tight now. Got everything buttoned up and just need to figure how I want to mount the ballast and i am good.

Now my next question.... what is the easiest way to get the HID bulb in the fog light? Going from the top does not work as there is not enough room. Should I be going from the wheel well or from underneath?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I tried flipping the washer around so it sits a little different and the bulb sit in there tight now. Got everything buttoned up and just need to figure how I want to mount the ballast and i am good.

Now my next question.... what is the easiest way to get the HID bulb in the fog light? Going from the top does not work as there is not enough room. Should I be going from the wheel well or from underneath?
Due to the length of the bulb I believe the only way is to remove the bumper.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I found "Beamtech" brand LED direct replacements that claim to produce a clear, even beam and cost less than a set of high-output halogen lamps. It's kind of a gamble, but at under ~$40 it's hard to argue with them...
"Which" Beamtech model did you find that fit the bill??? Tell us more please

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I put LEDs in my fog lights without removing the bumper...but HIDs I think with the ballasts and all removing the bumper is your best choice.
What brand of LED's did you use? How did you install them? Please tell.

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Oh man, I don't remember. It's been over a year ago and I'm not great with lighting stuff. LOL I'll see if I can figure it out later.

Install though I do remember. I installed them just like the regular bulbs. I don't believe they had any ballasts or anything like that to worry about.

·
Registered
968 Posts
"Which" Beamtech model did you find that fit the bill??? Tell us more please
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDYTGL/

I bought these, but I suspect it will be some more time before they are in my possession, and I can't really endorse them until I've installed them in the car and tried them out. But, for the price, I think it was worth the gamble...I will keep you updated...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm anxious to hear if the Beamtechs fit without a mod to (or removal of) the covers... I just bought a set of Simdevanma 80W/8000 lm, which have a fan on the rear, but haven't received them yet either. I suspect they won't fit without some kind of mod. Oh well... have all winter to play before I put the car out on the road again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts