Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, so here's the deal: I'm on the waiting list for a Silver Pearl Red Line with the Red / Black interior. I'm not a huge fan of silver anymore (been there, done that), but I LOVE the Red / Black leather interior. As most everyone knows, this interior is only available with 4 exterior colors: Silver Pearl, Silver Graphite, White and Black. With me so far ?

Now for the new twist: I just got one of the new Sky brochures (thanks John! aka jdigiant) and one of the two Redlines shown is the soon-to-be-available Bluestone, and it looks great. I should add that I'm partial to blue cars, except when they're that real dark blue that borders on black. Thus, Midnight Blue is not an option for me. PROBLEM: Bluestone only comes with either the Black or Tan interior. No Red/Black available. :willy:

So, HERE'S THE QUESTION: If, somehow, I could SPECIAL ORDER a Bluestone RL with the Red/Black interior, would that look HIDEOUS or WAY COOL ?

P.S. - Yes, I realize that the "Special Order" part of this question may be impossible, but I've accomplished some crazy things before, so humor me for the moment. Right now, I just want to know what people would think of this color combo IF it could be achieved. THANKS for your input !:thumbs:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I vote for HIDEOUS. Curious to see how others feel.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I was thinking the same thing myself. You know how much I love the Red Leather... I would have to see it (which, admittedly, is probably impossible) before I made a call. I think it might work, with emphasis on the "might."

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think the red leather should definitly be available for the Midnight Blue. As for the bluestone, the color seems to change with the pictures I see.

But, if you go by the swatch (or whatever) at the Dealership the red would go well with it.

I can tell you it definitly looks AWESOME with white. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think Saturn knew what they were doing when they put these color schemes together. Leave the designing to the experts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jdigiant said:
I was thinking the same thing myself. You know how much I love the Red Leather... I would have to see it (which, admittedly, is probably impossible) before I made a call. I think it might work, with emphasis on the "might."
On Sunday's So Cal beach run, you pointed out to me that on the regular Sky, there are certain exterior trim pieces that are painted the same color as the car, but on the Red Line, these pieces are always Silver Pearl. I know that's why you have a Black Sky RL on order instead of another Silver Pearl, because the contrast will more readily identify your new car as a Red Line. Well, I've never been drawn to black cars (partly because they take so much effort to keep clean), so the Bluestone RL would be my choice to show off my Sky's sparkly bits better than the Silver Pearl would. But I just 'gotta have that Red/Black interior ! :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
SKY USA said:
On Sunday's So Cal beach run, you pointed out to me that on the regular Sky, there are certain exterior trim pieces that are painted the same color as the car, but on the Red Line, these pieces are always Silver Pearl. I know that's why you have a Black Sky RL on order instead of another Silver Pearl, because the contrast will more readily identify your new car as a Red Line. Well, I've never been drawn to black cars (partly because they take so much effort to keep clean), so the Bluestone RL would be my choice to show off my Sky's sparkly bits better than the Silver Pearl would. But I just 'gotta have that Red/Black interior ! :cheers:
You RAT! You blew my secret!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jdigiant said:
You RAT! You blew my secret!
LOL ! :lol: Sorry, I didn't realize this was told to me on the Q-T !

P.S. - I rented Kelly's Heroes this morning and plan to watch it tonight. Now I'll know what you and Robotech kept cracking each other up about !

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm going with hideous...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That would put the Ugg in Ugly!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sorry...

Bluestone with red/black interior = FUGLY! :leaving: Sorry...JMO. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
OH..... ISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :willy: SkyBaby-07

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
You know, you could go really different:

(I don't know where it came from nor did I do it. One of my Grand Prix buddies posted it to give me grief.)

You want me to photoshop some red leather in there for you? LOL

Seriously though...Bluestone and the red not a good combo I don't think.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts