Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
YIKES! First pictures of USMC's break in; now this! Too much for me just after dinner
I guess it had to happen sooner or later :rolleyes:

·
Registered
420 Posts
OMG! :eek:

What's funny is that they installed the factory spoiler as well.
That huge wing looks like it could tear the trunk lid off it's hinges in that one picture where the trunk is open...
Well they probably thought they could get lift-off and 'fly in the Sky' with that huge wing. :lol:

Also, it's interesting to see that they installed some aftermarket side skirts...hmm I wonder where they got it from. Just curious because there are no body kits out for the Sky yet. I think it looks gaudy though.

Same with the "almost-Redline" lookaline dual tip exhaust. Who are they trying to fool? :nono:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Two spoilers.

Plastic side skirts.

Looks like our first Ricer SKY.

I wonder if the dualie exhaust has a nice ricey sound? It makes you wonder.

Notice also the painted rear valance.

And, they do all that but leave the factory air intake under the hood. I guess since the CAI is not made out of plastic it doesn't fit the ricer image...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Notice the dual exhaust cutout is not even matching the original...hack job...side molding skirt does not line up correctly either and whats with the lame saddle pockets on the doors and the change holder in the middle of where your elbow likes to rest? Ok I love my SKY but adding lame wings and plastics is not the way to improve this car. Dealer should be scolded for messing up a perfectly good stock Sky.:nono:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Interesting... they also attached a basket behind the e-brake. To but a bright point on some of the additions, at least they are adding storage.

Also, I am concerned about the weight of the wing. It looks as though it is buckling in the center and rear. the trunk lid and fenders don't line up. Nor does the trunk lid and mid point of the car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Notice the dealership!

What an honour!
Did you guys notice the dealership!!!? :brentil:
A Saturn being displayed inside the store of a
ASTON MARTIN
FERRARI
PORSCHE
MASERATI dealership!!!!

That's got to be worth something :thumbs:

Maybe the spoiler is hideous? But it would sure be boring if every SKY on the road looked the same..or what?
A suggestion to some of you (out there,NOT posted here) is to tolerate and accept the freedom of speech of other members. Don't judge! :thumbs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
First europeen to own a SKY? Maybe it will be me!
Chili Pepper Red
Premium Trim, Tan leather and Top
LSD
Monsoon upgrade
19' TSW Kyalami Chrome

Hope Santa arrives early this year!

Have a good one! :thumbs:

·
Registered
444 Posts
All I can say, is GOOD LUCK!

This car will now appeal to very few people.......:jester: :willy:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I resist from calling someone elses kid ugly....and I'll try to be polite BUT.....that is one ug-a-ly wing:confused:.
As for the combination of "improvements", I'd give them a D+:D , and that for getting the paint to match (Ithink)!. My opinion being exactly what it is, I think it more than fair to say the "improvements" are NOT.:eek: :eek: and detract from the car.
If this is the first "Ricer-Sky" ...its hopefully the last one so modified!!:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Some other things to note:

1) The body color painted rear fascia. Someone asked about what that would look like awhile back.

2) The dual exhaust tips, which IMO look like R/Ls.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It why they call it a spoiler...:D

·
Registered
322 Posts

1) The body color painted rear fascia. Someone asked about what that would look like awhile back.

As for the Body color on the rear fascia......I perfer the black. It sets off the back-up light and the exhaust, and gives the rear a line of demarcation so to speak....simply put its too much silver for my taste......and I cannot believe anyone would cut the opening for the second exhaust so poorly....THAT is really really bad...again MHO.....:D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Big Wing, I Do Ss, I Do Say

the painted rear valance is a cool change,.. Wonder where the Side Skirts are from? Geneva?

Im stickin with all stock though for the most part.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You could always use it as a picnic table, I guess. :willy:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
In previous threads, mostly about color choice, I'v said there are no ugly Skys. I take it all back. There is at least one ugly sky.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Heck - I don't even like the regular spoiler - that "wing" is too too much! Takes away from the whole look/line of the car.

·
Registered
71 Posts

2) The dual exhaust tips, which IMO look like R/Ls.
Not to mention the pre-installed butt prints in the driver's seat. Somebody spent some time in this car before putting it up for auction.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts