Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the Sky has Homelink integrated into the rearview mirror? I know there is no compass...but can't remember whether Homelink was included or not.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
As I understand it the answer is no! I thought I'd seen pic's of the rear view mirror with a cumpus but I have since been informed that it is not an option either.:confused:

·
Registered
669 Posts
nscrbug said:
Does anybody know if the Sky has Homelink integrated into the rearview mirror? I know there is no compass...but can't remember whether Homelink was included or not.
As of now, the Relay is the only Saturn vehicle equipped with Homelink.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bummer! Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
If ever there was a car that NEEDED it, the Sky is one of them. Useless visors and limited space means trying to get a gate remote and garage door remote in a handy place is nearly impossible.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Robotech said:
If ever there was a car that NEEDED it, the Sky is one of them. Useless visors and limited space means trying to get a gate remote and garage door remote in a handy place is nearly impossible.
I havent even thought of this! I dont currently own a vehicle that doesnt have build in garage door opener and home lights on function :willy: I dont even know where the real garage door opener is :willy: Oh no, I really love those little built in buttons :willy: this is almost as serious as the height adjustment on the seats! I would not have been able to see over the steering wheel without a butt pillow before they added that.

·
Registered
482 Posts
There is a thread that talked about this about a month back. There was a link to a sight that sold after market......but I think they were high $$$$$$.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maverick said:
There is a thread that talked about this about a month back. There was a link to a sight that sold after market......but I think they were high $$$$$$.
Yeah, I saw that some Sol owners went the 'aftermarket' route with Homelink...and I do recall a few saying it was pretty expensive. I'm wondering how an aftermarket Homelink unit would work, though. :confused: I'm thinking that it probably wouldn't be integrated into a new rearview mirror, given the fact that the stock Sky mirror already has ONstar on it. It's not like the mirrors could be swapped out without losing the Onstar feature, right?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I think I'd rather have homelink than onstar.

Heres the thread some of you were referring to over on the sol forum.

he has pics and a step by step. Looks like he found 2 models with the company he used to purchase them from. ones is 219 and the other about 349.

This is cool, I might try this at some point.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6887

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
usmc said:
I think I'd rather have homelink than onstar.
:agree: I'm with ya on that! Thanks for the link.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
triple black said:
You can buy a mini garage door opener that attaches to a key chain. Very convienent and small.
Got one already...use it when I'm on the bike. For the car, I would prefer the Homelink, since I use two different sets of keys. :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for that mirror link, Maverick. I think after my one year of free OnStar is up, I may swap out the mirror for one of the autodim/compass/Homelink ones from that website. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
Thank you for that mirror link, Maverick. I think after my one year of free OnStar is up, I may swap out the mirror for one of the autodim/compass/Homelink ones from that website. :thumbs:
I am going further - I plan to mail my remote to OnStar. Then as I pull into my drive tell them to open my garage door :lol: :lol: :jester:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rick Tinley Park said:
I am going further - I plan to mail my remote to OnStar. Then as I pull into my drive tell them to open my garage door :lol: :lol: :jester:
Ok...now THAT was funny! :lol: :lol: Good one, Rick! :thumbs:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Velcro is the answer

While searching for a place for my garage door opener I decised that there was no convient place for it. Then I came up with this idea. It way not appeal to everyone but it sure beats the cost of the home-link system. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased some self stick velcro tape. Then I placed it where I thought it would be out of the way and still look good. It can also be removed easily when needed. I think that it's a good location and does not distract from the great looks of the interrior.
Jayne

Opener.jpg.jpg

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not a bad idea, Jayne. I guess that's what I'll end up doing as well...although my remote is slightly larger than yours so I may have to find a different location for it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
nscrbug said:
I just called JPCustoms. The guy there said to call back in a week or two. He said, "They just released" some automatic dimming mirrors with Onstar, and homelink. I don't know who the "They" are, but he also said in a week or two he would have more information and pricing.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Seat pocket

Jayne said:
While searching for a place for my garage door opener I decised that there was no convient place for it. Then I came up with this idea. It way not appeal to everyone but it sure beats the cost of the home-link system. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased some self stick velcro tape. Then I placed it where I thought it would be out of the way and still look good. It can also be removed easily when needed. I think that it's a good location and does not distract from the great looks of the interrior.
Jayne

View attachment 2895
Seems to me that putting the remote in the "pocket" on the front edge of the seat would work just as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts