Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please fill me in on the hood closing-open doors, closed doors? I'm a new commer. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's been reported that you should either close your doors or open them "fully" before opening the hood. If not, you could dent the hood corners. :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
As with any clamshell item, the hood has a small tolerance when it is closed, between the shell and the door. If the door is halfway open then the flexing of the clamshell hood might scrape the paint or dent the door as ithe clamshell is closed. So to eliminate this either open the doors fully or close them so the flexing won't hit the paint. I have always closed the doors on my 75 Triumph Spitfire because of the clamshell hood. Skip.. Not worried about no stinking clamshell...:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Always try to push down in the middle of the open edge on the rear deck to avoid one side latching before the other. Same thing on the hood. Watch your break in rpm's. Oh and most importantly keep a comb or brush in the auto to comb your hair after a nice drive with the top down. Unless you don't have any hair and then disregard. Enjoy and read these posts and learn the search function at the header at the top of the page. Skip..enjoying the rest of his short life.....:cool: :) :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts