Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my car up to speed I notice a little flex in the hood. Has everyone else noticed the same thing or is this unique to my car?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I notice some hood movement on the driver side with speeds over 85 into a stong head wind when a semi passes going the other direction.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Seen it too

cjegg said:
When I get my car up to speed I notice a little flex in the hood. Has everyone else noticed the same thing or is this unique to my car?
yeah, I to have noticed a little flex as I increase my speed.
Terry

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
I notice some hood movement on the driver side with speeds over 85 into a stong head wind when a semi passes going the other direction.

Do you notice any BlueLights in the rearview mirror....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
well when I go fast I am too busy watching the road to bother paying attention to the hood...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
wt2ga said:

Do you notice any BlueLights in the rearview mirror....
Good one!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I've heard the forest green has more flecks than the midnight blue...:D

oh...flex...not flecks...

·
Super Moderator
11,445 Posts
Why I have very nice pecs I've been tol...

Oh...wait...my bad...

Yea there is some flutter. I've seen in in my Grand Prix's hood at speed too. I think it is a latch issue but with our hoods and the hinge design that may have something to do with it too.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
So how much movement are we talking about? Quarter inch side to side? Just some vibration? Can the dealer make adjustments to tighten things up?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most noticable in front of the driver near the fake air intake. Just looks like thin sheet metal being hit by high power air. Similiar to running my other cars through the high pressure driers at the quickie car wash.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Dont never notice any flex in my hood because of them dang dogs asittin in tha middle of it. It holds tha hood down an tha dogs can just lap air all they want till I stop then ol Fartblossom cuts loose an it is reverse engines. Skip....my pecs tant none to good either. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I love the term "getting up to speed." What speed -- 25 - 65 -- 90?

Flex in the hood at 55 and up is perfectly normal -- never owned or drove a car that did not have some at SOME speed...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
my cf hood on my alero barley flexes i can even stand on to and it barley flexes.
So it does flex....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
cjegg said:
I have noticed it too. First time it happend I got scared and thought the hood was getting ready to fly up...:willy:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hood Flex

cjegg said:
I see it as well, must be all the power under the hood...

Sky-Pilot
Midnight Blue

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hope they strap that thing down before the RL power is added. Hate to go topless and hoodless.:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
agirltrucker said:
I have noticed it too. First time it happend I got scared and thought the hood was getting ready to fly up...:willy:
Hood wont fly up because of airflow over top. Think which way hood opens. I would be more worried about the rear deck lid opening and blowing off. Skip....Airflow....:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts