Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hood Release Handle/Cable Repair (Picture Instructions-Update)

A few weeks ago. My battery drained because I left my lights on. So I tried to open my hood and the hood release handle would not unlock the passenger side latch. So I gave it a tug and My Hood release stop working. It was due to a broken cable. When the cable broke the passenger side latch still did not release. So I was stuck with a locked hood and no drive-able Sky. I believe this is the first of its kind in the forum. So check your Handle/Cables. Attached is my process for manually releasing the locked latch and installing the new Release handle and cable. This job requires patience, care. I had fun doing it. Took about a day to perform Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Those pictures and instructions are EXCELLENT. Hopefully I will never have to refer to them but keeping it stored in my computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am ordering the cable using your Part number. However the Release handle is not included. Is there a separate part number for it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am ordering the cable using your Part number. However the Release handle is not included. Is there a separate part number for it?
I had the same issue of the release handle breaking and I wrote a seller and asked them to check on the handle, and they say yes, part #15773638 includes the handle - and from what I've read elsewhere that's the only way to order the part as it's not sold separately.

Did you get this fixed? If so what did you end up doing?

I thought my cable had broke but after fiddling with it for a bit I figured out that it's my handle that is broke - but taking pictures of it and looking at it, I'm not sure how it's supposed to work since I don't see any groves or anything for the cable.

Any help from anyone on how the underside of the handle looks when hooked up properly would be helpful.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts