Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to my local dealer after reading this article and he assured me that they would not be selling over MSRP but he did say he wasn't sure what other dealerships would do. He said that he highly doubts that any saturn dealer will sell over msrp just based on their reputation and the fact that they've never done it before with high demand cars. (I ion/vue redline's).

Anyway, looks like some pontiac dealers are---

Car News briefs: Pontiac's Solstice going for thousands over sticker
AUTOMOTIVE NEWS
AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 9/21/05
Well, that didn't take long. With demand far outstripping supply, the Pontiac Solstice, which went on sale in early August, typically fetches about $5,000 over sticker price on eBay, AutoTrader.com and at dealerships.

That makes the new roadster the hottest Pontiac in years.

One eBay bidder dropped $32,900 for one of the low-slung roadsters, which start at $19,995 and rise to $24,700 fully loaded.

Some of the first 1,000 cars, which were sold to buyers through a promotion on the hit TV show "The Apprentice," are bringing an even bigger premium. One eBayer paid $10,000 for the right to buy car number 664.

GM says it will build about 7,000 Solstices this year.

Pontiac dealers have ordered 13,000 Solstices; many won't get more than one until next year.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey,.. SATURN Will Not Raise the MSRP GM wouldn't have wasted their time and put billions into the car company if it weren't for the awesome No Haggle no Hassle policy. If Saturn was just a regular car company that didn't know that you respect your buyers and value your bussiness, GM would have axed them with Oldsmobile. Don't worry,..... Saturn is actually a great company,.. They only lacked Design, Performance & interior Quality,.... But they did have Reliablilaty & loyal customers.
I mean, I had a flat tire the other day and I didn't have my spare, because I let an ex girlfriend use it,... :rolleyes: So I was freaking out:eek:, because I have to get to work everyday,.. I didn't want to tow it,.. But as i was panicing... at work. Somebody walked in from a totally different office building that i never met before and said,.. Does anybody know who's Saturn Ion Quad coupe that is? It has a flat... When I told her I was stuck without my Spare she quickly offered her spare tire to me. She just bought a new Saturn Ion as well. I was taken back that she would let a complete stranger use her spare,.. That was awesome. Saturn people are ussualy like that, wierd. like a secret society that help other Saturn owners.
:cheers:
I don't think a Mercedes BMW or Porsche person would just do that.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are many examples of that with many types of "clicks". The jeep crowd is the same, bikers-same, thats more of a way society uses a common element to associate to each other. My brothers Dodge Ram V10 blew a tire last year on the side of I-5 on our way up to Shasta and within 15 mins another guy with a huge 4x4 pulled over and gave us his spare. Keep in mind, that those 36" off road tires are not cheap!!

My wife has received help a couple of times only because she had a USMC sticker in the back window and another Marine happened to notice (that sticker has got me out of many tickets hehe) :D

Don't get me wrong, I've owned a saturn for the last 8 years and they have treated me very well. I was just throwing that article out there because I came across it. I don't think they will raise msrp either.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Msrp

On Sept 14th, several Saturn dealers in Cincinnati had a Sky on tour to show. One dealer was writing a limit of 10 orders max. I ordered one with $500,00 down. My contract states that the price will be MSRP. The Sky in person is far superior in looks to it's photos and is sharper than the Solstice, which isn't bad. They are going to call the 10 of us who ordered in November for a lottery drawing to determine order preference. Conceivably I could get the first one delivered to my dealer. The Saturn Factory Representative said that the first cars would be delivered in February. I was told that even if my lottery drawing was #10, I would get delivery by July 2006. The dealers think they will get 1 or 2 cars per month to start with. I learned that the leather interiors would come in three color combos depending on the exterior color: all black, black and red, and black and tan. The black and tan would have a solid black dash. They will offer a black or tan top. THIS CAR IS HOT!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts