Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard mention of a Hot Ticket that will get your Sky to your Dealer quicker. I was wondering if any had any knowledge of this.

The reason I ask is I would like to get my Sky before Thanksgiving so I could drive it to Vegas!

If any would could give me any info, so I will have an idea what I am talking about when I talk to my dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The dealer told the railyard in my case that the Sky was a hot ticket and got it to us within 24 hours. I think the dealer has to call and say, get it to us or we are going to come get it ourselves. That might not be true every where.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I heard mention of a Hot Ticket that will get your Sky to your Dealer quicker. I was wondering if any had any knowledge of this.

The reason I ask is I would like to get my Sky before Thanksgiving so I could drive it to Vegas!

If any would could give me any info, so I will have an idea what I am talking about when I talk to my dealer.

Thanks!
Have your Sales Manager or General manager call DBC ( Dealer Buiness center ) and ask them to put the hot ticket on it now after it's produced. A regular salesperson can't do it. Then as soon as it is off loaded the trucking company should deliver it right away. send me your order number and we'll check it so when it gets off loaded you can have you sales manager call the trucking company because sometimes they miss they hot ticket. Sometimes your dealer might have to call the rail road company to remind them of the hot ticket Also if the trucking company won't do it.

If your RL ships this week you should have it by Thanksgiving easy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You may already know this, but the hot ticket only applies to shipping. It doesn't speed up anything prior to that. Unfortunately...for me, still sitting at 2030 for about 2 months now.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
You may already know this, but the hot ticket only applies to shipping. It doesn't speed up anything prior to that. Unfortunately...for me, still sitting at 2030 for about 2 months now.
Yes, I think most of us know this but Thanks. He has his vin number already.

When you get your car to be made faster is called expediting and that is done only by a senior VIP at GM.

Don't feel bad alot of people are sitting at 2030 or 2050 still. As long as your not still number 5/6 on a list of a medium or small size dealer you should have no problem getting your order in by may 2007. ( It depends where you are on the list )

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have your Sales Manager or General manager call DBC ( Dealer Buiness center ) and ask them to put the hot ticket on it. A regular salesperson can't do it. Then as soon as it is off loaded the trucking company should deliver it right away. send me your order number and we'll check it so when it gets off loaded you can have you sales manager call the trucking company because sometimes they miss they hot ticket. Sometimes your dealer might have to call the rail road company to remind them of the hot ticket Also if the trucking company won't do it.

If yoiur ships this week you should have it by Thanksgiving.
So the Hot Ticket only affects how quickly it gets to the dealership from the trainyard and not how quickly it gets shipped on the train, correct?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
So the Hot Ticket only affects how quickly it gets to the dealership from the trainyard and not how quickly it gets shipped on the train, correct?

Thanks for the info.
No, it should move it along faster on the train also. Thats like if a hot ticket is on a car they will probably ship it by truck to Loardstown instead of waiting for a rail car full to get shipped by rail to Loardstown. This can speed it up almost a week sometime. So seeing you are produced have you dealer call now just incase it's being held up waiting for a rail car to get to lordstown.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Have your Sales Manager or General manager call DBC ( Dealer Buiness center ) and ask them to put the hot ticket on it now after it's produced. A regular salesperson can't do it. Then as soon as it is off loaded the trucking company should deliver it right away. send me your order number and we'll check it so when it gets off loaded you can have you sales manager call the trucking company because sometimes they miss they hot ticket. Sometimes your dealer might have to call the rail road company to remind them of the hot ticket Also if the trucking company won't do it.

Yes be sure the trucking company is advised of the Hot Ticket, Mayhem was overlooked and had I not go out and talked to them it would have sat at the railroad as a regular delivery.:thumbs:

·
Registered
72 Posts
When you get your car to be made faster is called expediting and that is done only by a senior VIP at GM.
So does one have to be a celebrity to get the VIP treatment, or is this available to the common folk as well?
I'm assuming the GM would get the regional rep to make the request? And what kind of factors would get a favorable result? I'm guessing this doesn't happen often, or else we'd all have our Sky's by now.:)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
So does one have to be a celebrity to get the VIP treatment, or is this available to the common folk as well?
I'm assuming the GM would get the regional rep to make the request? And what kind of factors would get a favorable result? I'm guessing this doesn't happen often, or else we'd all have our Sky's by now.:)
No you have to know a Senior VIP at GM. I don't think even regional reps can get a car expedited. No it doesn't happen often. However I'm working on it for mine. My Brother in law knows a Senior Vip very good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ahh... the 'ol "hookup." As with everything, it helps to know someone who knows someone. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who knows anyone!:willy:
Good luck, deluke. If anyone deserves a leg up, it's you for being so helpful with the codes each week.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
No you have to know a Senior VIP at GM. I don't think even regional reps can get a car expedited. No it doesn't happen often. However I'm working on it for mine. My Brother in law knows a Senior Vip very good.
Mayhem was expedited by the Zone Manager after the GM called.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Mayhem was expedited by the Zone Manager after the GM called.
This may be a dumb question, but do they charge extra for a hot ticket? :confused: Or do they just do it out of the goodness of their hearts? :angel:

·
Registered
98 Posts

As mentioned before, You will not need to hot ticket a SKY if the vehicle is listed as a retail sold item. It will be automatically hot ticketed. This goes for all SKYs and RL.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was told by my Pontiac dealer that the hot ticket only applies from when it is unloaded from the rail car and is being picked up by truck. That way it does not just sit at your local depot.

sky finance guy Does the same apply for the Solstice not needing a hot ticket if it is a retail sold car?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I was told by my Pontiac dealer that the hot ticket only applies from when it is unloaded from the rail car and is being picked up by truck. That way it does not just sit at your local depot.

sky finance guy Does the same apply for the Solstice not needing a hot ticket if it is a retail sold car?
No it can help it get to lordstown faster they will ship it by truck right
away instead of waiting for a full rail car load. They did that with Ernest car I think . It seems so long ago. If it has a hot ticket they will off load it right away instead of sometimes waiting 1 to 1 1/2 weeks.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Unusual but true, he was on it from the time it was released from QC. He did not get it built any faster, just the shipping part. The only thing he did do was submit my order after it was imaged, as for as the production end went, made sure it was built in the first ramp up. That is why mine was in the first 31 alloted.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
As mentioned before, You will not need to hot ticket a SKY if the vehicle is listed as a retail sold item. It will be automatically hot ticketed. This goes for all SKYs and RL.
Really ?? Ernest car wasn't hot ticketed untill they General Manager called and did it. So now you have me really confused. I find it hard to believe that all retail cars are hot ticketed. But I can't say for sure. But maybe Ernest could.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts