Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to share my first day driving impression with all of ya'll of my fabulous SKY! Well, I guess amazing would just about cover it! The Chili Pepper Red is absolutely stunning. The tan and black interior accent the car beautifully. For anyone who ordered an automatic, well, you will be very pleased! It drives like a dream. Plenty of pick up and it shifts effortlessly. The monsoon system sounds great. I think it has great clarity, even when the top is down. I don't have any issues with the blindspots or seeing over or around the little humps in the back. Also, I got the spoiler and that doesn't affect the visibility at all. Just as a reference on that point, I am only 5 foot 5 and wondered if it would be an issue and luckily it's not! The handling of this car is amazing. I had also checked on how much clearance there was between the tires and fender wells ( is that the correct term?) and there is plenty so I'm not worried about that incessant rub some have experienced. All in all my expectations have been exceeded. This car is so worth the wait. It is beautiful, drives incredibly and the interior is really very nice. Oh, and those that were on hold like I was for the chrome wheels, you will not be disappointed! They are gorgeous! I am going to thoroughly take tons of pictures tomorrow, top up, top down, inside and out to post! Thanks to all who have shared their experiences and input about this fabulous car. For all of you still waiting and getting fed up, your patience will be rewarded. I am still stunned that mine has made it home after so many months waiting.

Chili Pepper, tan/black interior, tan top, auto, lsd, chrome, 6 disc/xm, spoiler
My specifics:
Deposit last October
Imaged March 9th
030 March 16th
Built April 8th
Released to carrier April 12th
Shipped April 27th
Arrived in Houston, Texas May the 8th
Picked up May the 9th
VIN: 1539

·
Registered
314 Posts
Love your take on Sky, particularly the automatic. We are trying hard to enjoy other's good fortunes while we constantly reassure ourselves that waiting works. Look forward to pics! Congrats:thumbs: .

·
Registered
389 Posts
Congratulations boots!!:thumbs: Enjoy your car!
Hey, tell them they need to send it's blue brother up here in Little Rock. :D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
He promised pictures...but no pictures.... :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
where did you get urs at?
I ordered mine and deposited over a month ago at Saturn of Houston on the Gulf Fwy... and i still dun have my image. They just called me two days ago to get my order... it's not even an image yet. *sighs*

I want to test drive one so bad.. just to make sure i want it... but they dun have one for testing.... I heard they just got in 22 Sky's.. that's all been presold... looks like me being next on the image list will still be moooonths out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congratulations!!! I love to hear of more people in Texas getting their Skys - keep them coming!! Can't wait to see pics!:thumbs:

·
Registered
745 Posts
It just gets better.

Congrats, on your Sky, It just gets better from here. It is truly a unique car that will bring you loads of enjoyment. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
boots said:
I just wanted to share my first day driving impression with all of ya'll of my fabulous SKY! Well, I guess amazing would just about cover it! The Chili Pepper Red is absolutely stunning. The tan and black interior accent the car beautifully. For anyone who ordered an automatic, well, you will be very pleased! It drives like a dream. Plenty of pick up and it shifts effortlessly. The monsoon system sounds great. I think it has great clarity, even when the top is down. I don't have any issues with the blindspots or seeing over or around the little humps in the back. Also, I got the spoiler and that doesn't affect the visibility at all. Just as a reference on that point, I am only 5 foot 5 and wondered if it would be an issue and luckily it's not! The handling of this car is amazing. I had also checked on how much clearance there was between the tires and fender wells ( is that the correct term?) and there is plenty so I'm not worried about that incessant rub some have experienced. All in all my expectations have been exceeded. This car is so worth the wait. It is beautiful, drives incredibly and the interior is really very nice. Oh, and those that were on hold like I was for the chrome wheels, you will not be disappointed! They are gorgeous! I am going to thoroughly take tons of pictures tomorrow, top up, top down, inside and out to post! Thanks to all who have shared their experiences and input about this fabulous car. For all of you still waiting and getting fed up, your patience will be rewarded. I am still stunned that mine has made it home after so many months waiting.

Chili Pepper, tan/black interior, tan top, auto, lsd, chrome, 6 disc/xm, spoiler
My specifics:
Deposit last October
Imaged March 9th
030 March 16th
Built April 8th
Released to carrier April 12th
Shipped April 27th
Arrived in Houston, Texas May the 8th
Picked up May the 9th
VIN: 1539
just make sure you check the correct location on the fenderwells, they are the rear fenderwells towards the front of the car, you will see a protrusion, you should have at least enough room to get your fingers between the protrusion and the tire...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow!! Congratulations!! Reading about how excited others are makes the wait a little easier.

·
Registered
29 Posts
boots said:
I don't have any issues with the blindspots or seeing over or around the little humps in the back. Also, I got the spoiler and that doesn't affect the visibility at all. Just as a reference on that point, I am only 5 foot 5 and wondered if it would be an issue and luckily it's not!
I am 5'4" and petit. When I sat in the Sky, it seemed to set very low. Although I could see all around, I wish the seat would raise. I read on a previous thread that Saturn was going to add a height adjustment to the seat starting after the summer shut-down so I contacted Saturn. They said there were no plans to make that change but they would forward the suggestion to the design dept.

I saved my yellow pages.:lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Way to go, Congratulations on your arrival.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts