Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so excited, about getting my car I thought next weekend was the one before thanksgiving. :lol:

I got to tell you I miss you guys soo much I cannot wait that long, how about we get together on the 11th. ReedRed is going to be in town also and has expressed interest in a get together.

It will be really great...

Aww Hell, I just can't wait to show off my Sky! :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I have obligations for Veterans Day (the 11th) and probably the 12th, too.

The following weekend (18th, 19th) before Thanksgiving is much better for me...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Me too

I'm open for anything:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Veterans Day

At the llth hour of the llth day of the llth month, of the Year of Our Lord 1918, after more than four years of continuous warfare, the guns fell silent all along the Western Front. From Belgium to the Swiss border, those who survived gave thanks for the miracle that they had lived to hear...the sound of silence.

But the War To End All Wars wasn't, and the 11th of November, which we Americans used to call Armistice Day, is now observed as Veterans Day in honor of all of America's men and women who have worn the uniform and done their duty to God and Country. Even now, they stand ready to defend our nation, our homes, our families, and our very way of life.

It is to them that we give our heartfelt gratitude .

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the llth hour of the llth day of the llth month, of the Year of Our Lord 1918, after more than four years of continuous warfare, the guns fell silent all along the Western Front. From Belgium to the Swiss border, those who survived gave thanks for the miracle that they had lived to hear...the sound of silence.

But the War To End All Wars wasn't, and the 11th of November, which we Americans used to call Armistice Day, is now observed as Veterans Day in honor of all of America's men and women who have worn the uniform and done their duty to God and Country. Even now, they stand ready to defend our nation, our homes, our families, and our very way of life.

It is to them that we give our heartfelt gratitude .
Now that is a worthwhile:hijack:

I just couldn't wait to use that smiley!:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Now that is a worthwhile :hijack:
:agree: Wholeheartedly.

That said, let's do this! In Rich's honor, I'll pick up a rental for Saturday and fill in as a substitute poser until a permanent replacement is found. I know all y'all want to see Rich's new baby as much as I do!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ahhh, man, we'll miss it.

Rich, wish we could join ya, but we're down in San Diego over the Veterans Day Weekend. We'll try to hook up next time.

Have fun RL'in'!!!!

John & Robin

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Ok

Wanted to put this at the top again. Anyone else up for meet and greet and possible a short run on Saturday?
Sounds good to me
Let us Know

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How about meeting at Griffith Park at the Zoo Parking Lot around noon. We could do a little ride through the park, then take Griffith Park Parkway to Barham and then a little jaunt on Mullholland and end up taking Riverside to Big Boy's to eat?

It will be a short couple hour drive with time to socialize!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Which day

How about meeting at Griffith Park at the Zoo Parking Lot around noon. We could do a little ride through the park, then take Griffith Park Parkway to Barham and then a little jaunt on Mullholland and end up taking Riverside to Big Boy's to eat?

Is it for Sat or Sun
I will check with the Mrs.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Aweeee Man!!!

Okay we now have confirmed for this jaunt.
Reed
Mark
Richmcc (myself) :D

Tentative:
Tolaiz
Seagull

Anymore takers?
Rich, no one is more excited about you getting your Sky then me. I have been waiting and watching for the word that it's finally here. I'm so bummed because I don't think we can make it this Saturday. Louie made plans to go to the darn car races on Saturday. But if there is anyway to get out of it, we will be there. Unless it's too late to back out. No matter, if not this Saturday, lets make plans to meet up with all the gang for a big celebration for YOU!! Congrats, so happy for you
:cheers: Theresa :cool:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
FINALLY!!!! YOU GOT THE CAR....(sigh with a smile)

Rich,

We have to pick up my daughter by 12:30 at my parents house in Granda Hills. If you get a wild hair, please drive up to Newcome's. It's a bit of a ride, but so worth it!!!!!! Then I could see your car, and all the guys on Sport Bikes can drool over it. It'd create quite a spectacle. And the more we could get, the better.

If I don't catch up with you this time, for sure next time. Like I mentioned in the other thread, this was very, very last minute.

You are gonna let me drive it, right? :jester:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
See Ya

Will be looking for you at the zoo 'round noon

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Thanks a lot for coming out, guys, and thanks again, Rich for putting this together! I had a great time. Here are a few (not so) fine pics from my phone. The videos look like crap now that I've transferred them to my computer, so I'll skip posting them. Enjoy!

Reed

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts