Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again forum.... I’d first like to say if anybody is wanting to buy a passenger side plate, i bought one and then found mine that broke off, so i am willing to ship one of the two.

The plate had just came loose and fell off one day, and i just kept letting it sit in its ‘hole’ until it fell off while driving and i couldn’t find it, thought it fell in the road. ordered one from a part out on facebook, then i find mine had actually fell behind the passenger seat lol. Im not sure how to put it back on legitimately, do i just glue it on? i know there’s adhesive on the back, do i buy special adhesive and re-stick it back in? i’d appreciate the help, clearly im not much of a DIY person

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
I have not had one of those off, but most things like that are attached using a double-sided foam tape. It is a 3M product that is sold as automotive trim and emblem tape. It comes in various widths and you will have use multiple pieces and do some trimming to make it fit the round shape. Be sure to clean all of the old adhesive off first.

Reactions: 07redline19

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Just put some epoxy on it and thats it...or any glue...no big deal here. Don;t sell it. Just put it away. You never know when. It is cheap enough to keep.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Tape can be removed later if something has to be done to the deck lid. Epoxy or other glue cannot be removed without causing further damage.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
Tape can be removed later if something has to be done to the deck lid. Epoxy or other glue cannot be removed without causing further damage.
John...there is absolutely no damage. There is a 3M bra on the paint. I have done this myself. Even silicone will adhere. Don't remove the 2 sided black tape.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I plan on removing that "bra" because it looks like hell with all the dirt or discolored glue under it.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
I plan on removing that "bra" because it looks like hell with all the dirt or discolored glue under it.
Allegedly many members do remove it....the buttress does not rub against the paint...but u can install a new one. Just go to a 3M installer. They will trace an exact duplicate and remove your old one....and they have the glue to reinstall the chrome plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts