Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I recently bought my Sky and in the process of fixing her. Previous owner apparently replaced the subwoofer (probably with a new radio, but put the original back) which not connected. Since I don't plan to replace radio, so I am considering to put a original GM sub woofer back in. How do I test if the connector is still have signal? I want to make sure of it before buying the replacement.

Thanks.

·
Registered
667 Posts
WOW...what a hack job!!! I redid everything in my car, right down to speaker wire, but left everything factory and that which I couldn't/didn't, I bought spare parts for. So I have a spare sub box, and a spare a-pillars.

·
Administrator
6,875 Posts
HI,

I recently bought my Sky and in the process of fixing her. Previous owner apparently replaced the subwoofer (probably with a new radio, but put the original back) which not connected. Since I don't plan to replace radio, so I am considering to put a original GM sub woofer back in. How do I test if the connector is still have signal? I want to make sure of it before buying the replacement.

Thanks.
What is the status of the head unit (ie: radio)? Is it installed? Do you have access to the connector? Do you have the subwoofer? Do you have a meter? Do you have a test light?

What you have, and what you have access to, will determine the best way to test the connection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the status of the head unit (ie: radio)? Is it installed? Do you have access to the connector? Do you have the subwoofer? Do you have a meter? Do you have a test light?

What you have, and what you have access to, will determine the best way to test the connection.
I have the factory radio which is working, and I believe it had Monsoon sound given the sub woofer box. It appeared the previous owner cut the sub woofer box to fit in a larger speaker which has a different connector. And possibly an amplifier some where because there was a tap to the radio fuse. I tried the meter to measure DCV and didn't get anything, so not sure if I didn't get it right or the connector is not working. I don't have a test light.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts