Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been shipped 3 times, most recently 9-13-06. I know it has been done here on the forums and I have requested help from a forum member and have not received and answer. Can anyone else help with this? The wait is killing me.:banghead:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Asl your dealer to get the railcar number if it is shipped by rail, or find out the Transport Company if going my transport. If it is being shipped by rail, then transport to dealer, call transport company and they can give you the railcar number. Once you get a railcar number, go to the Particular RR web site and track it. JUdging from the amount of shipped you are probably in a railyar close to your dealer awaiting transport via truck. Find out which transport that is shipping and go to the nearest office and be very courteous asnd they may give you all the info and even speed up delivery.

Remember all of this tracking can be done if you get the info from the shipper's, and some will not do it. Don't even bother to contact CSX Railroad, they will not release info.

Be sure to have your VIN handy at all times.

I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
My car has been shipped 3 times, most recently 9-13-06. I know it has been done here on the forums and I have requested help from a forum member and have not received and answer. Can anyone else help with this? The wait is killing me.:banghead:
the reason you see shipped on numerous occasions is.... each day or few days, the moderator sends the "shipped" status on workbench to show the vehicle is in transit. When you see Immediate shipment" that means the vehicle was offloaded and reloaded and on the way direct. Calm down, you car is at least in transit. Knowledge is power, right!?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
There is a thread by USMC of train tracking info he put together from the Solstice forum. You need the rail car number your general Manager can get that for you. If your car is shipped and bayed 3 times it's probably in Florida by now. I'm pretty sure Allied automotive ( Allied Trucking ) does alot of the trucking in Florida. They will not give out info any more unless you can talk the info out of them. ( it's hard to do, need some sob story ) But your Dealership can set up a online tracking account with them and he can check it every day. They will let him know when it is planned to go out.

But I would say go with the trucking route because I'm pretty sure yours is sitting in the train depot in Florida already.or just about there.

Have your dealer call first if he wants to maybe he will get the info. Or you can try. Here is the phone number :

Allied Automotive ( Allied trucking )

1-866-527-4285

Like I said they are doing alot of Florida but I don't know if they are doing all.If you do try just asking for dispatch and see if they will put you thru with no questions. This does happen some times.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Asl your dealer to get the railcar number if it is shipped by rail, or find out the Transport Company if going my transport. If it is being shipped by rail, then transport to dealer, call transport company and they can give you the railcar number. Once you get a railcar number, go to the Particular RR web site and track it. JUdging from the amount of shipped you are probably in a railyar close to your dealer awaiting transport via truck. Find out which transport that is shipping and go to the nearest office and be very courteous asnd they may give you all the info and even speed up delivery.

Remember all of this tracking can be done if you get the info from the shipper's, and some will not do it. Don't even bother to contact CSX Railroad, they will not release info.

Be sure to have your VIN handy at all times.

I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allied trucking usually won't give out any info anymore. They were getting to many calls from the Solstice people after I posted the info. Some were calling twice a day.:lol: :lol: Thats when the Solstice just started.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knowledge is power. Thank you everyone. :cheers:

·
Registered
138 Posts
hey deluke ?

just ordered a gxp today

sly,5 speed,chrome wheels,black and grey leather,monsoon raido, head liner and spot pedals etc.

my salesmen said when his oct alotment comes on the 1st he can order. i am first on the list. he ordered one in sept

what does that mean

will i ever see
this car ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
:confused: I'm so envious of all you posters who, at least, know some info about your order...my salesman is a waste..i've bought 2 others saturns and never had problems with communication..but this guy tells me nothing and when i tell him there's codes and ways of finding out what level my order is at...i get the paternalistic ..oh don't worry about such things...i'm pissed and tired of waiting..it's been 4 months...to add to the problem i'm in hawaii and when you talk about shipping..you're talking about "ships"...not railroads....also when i originally researched ordering a sky the dealership said that hawaii would only get 11 cars this year....so why do they bother "ordering" cars...sorry my first post is so long but I've really had it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts