Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Sky and the Solstice are similar cars, especially underneath perhapse some of the wise and experienced Solstice owners here could tell us how to remove the battery from the car. It doesn't look like there is any clearence. My brother was suggesting that a side panel might have to be removed. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check the Solstice site, there is a good detail example with pictures on how to do this. Yes, the Sky should be exactly the same way.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You remove the passenger front quarter panel and the battery comes out the side.

·
Registered
238 Posts
WopOnTour said:
You need only remove the RH inner fender liner, not the entire fender/quarter
HTH
WopOnTour
There is a fender support rod between the battery and the fender liner. It appears that if you took the fender liner out, you would still have a rod in your way. Taking the fender off would be the most direct route.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Batteries last four to five years. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Until then, I'm just going to run the wheels off.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Step by Step

1. Go to the dealer.
2. Ask them to replace your battery.
3. Pay $
4. Drive

I used to do a lot more work on my cars than I have had time for lately. About all I have done on my three honda civics myself was a front brake job on one of them. another got turned in at end of lease so not much work to be done and the third is up in november and is likley to be replaced by a Sky RedLine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
bob said:
There is a fender support rod between the battery and the fender liner. It appears that if you took the fender liner out, you would still have a rod in your way. Taking the fender off would be the most direct route.
Right on Bob. Took one out today in fact.(Just to see how long it took) That fender bracket and fender had to come out. Took about 15 minutes to R&R without breaking a sweat.
There are worse batteries :brentil:
Regards
WopOnTour

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are 10 screws holding the fender on 3 on top , 4 in wheel wheel, 2 on bottom, and 1 through the door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts