Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidently muted my radio the other day and was wondering what I hit to do it. Nice feature just don't know how.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
I accidently muted my radio the other day and was wondering what I hit to do it. Nice feature just don't know how.
Thanks
It's that big button on the steering wheel on the right side. I often hit it when I'm making a turn.:) And if you hold it down a long time...the on-star comes on and you can make a call!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
I accidently muted my radio the other day and was wondering what I hit to do it. Nice feature just don't know how.
Thanks
if you have the premium package it is on the wheel....otherwise hit the big on off button on the radio.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Just like a cell phone, you might as well forget making an on-star call with the top down. The thing couldn't recognize my speech at all. I was testing out by screaming as loud as possible the number. Don't get me wrong, I never expected it to work. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
MrJester said:
Just like a cell phone, you might as well forget making an on-star call with the top down. The thing couldn't recognize my speech at all. I was testing out by screaming as loud as possible the number. Don't get me wrong, I never expected it to work. LOL
it works pretty good witht he top up, but when the top is down you need to be stopped to make the call... also the rinnger when someone calles you is not loud enough, and you cannot adjust it witht he radio volumn, it needs to be adjusted with the radio sound...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
qwack said:
And if you hold it down a long time...the on-star comes on and you can make a call!
Hey cool, I just learned something new. Thanks....:thumbs:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
it works pretty good witht he top up, but when the top is down you need to be stopped to make the call... also the rinnger when someone calles you is not loud enough, and you cannot adjust it witht he radio volumn, it needs to be adjusted with the radio sound...
Ok Tim . I have made calls out with the top up. But never had anybody call the Sky . So how does that work? As to volume of the ringer? Please explain... Thank you,,,, Skip.....:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Skip said:
Ok Tim . I have made calls out with the top up. But never had anybody call the Sky . So how does that work? As to volume of the ringer? Please explain... Thank you,,,, Skip.....:lol: :lol:
You can push on-star and ask what your number is and then give it to people to call you.

When they do, the radio "rings" and you push the phone button on the mirror to answer. The sound comes through your speakers.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
qwack said:
You can push on-star and ask what your number is and then give it to people to call you.

When they do, the radio "rings" and you push the phone button on the mirror to answer. The sound comes through your speakers.
The bad part is noone ever calls me.. I feel so alone...... But the good part is I can play my Jazz pretty loud.......Skip.....:thumbs: :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
Skip said:
The bad part is noone ever calls me.. I feel so alone...... But the good part is I can play my Jazz pretty loud.......Skip.....:thumbs: :thumbs:
I'll call you!...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Read your owners manual people

Any questions about the operation of the radios and onstar is in your owners manual and the packet for onstar you got with the car... Please read them.... these are simple questions that can be answered just by reading the books that come with your car.... besides you may find out you have some features you didn't realize you had....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Your car's telephone number also come every month with your onstar report that is emailed to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Any questions about the operation of the radios and onstar is in your owners manual and the packet for onstar you got with the car... Please read them.... these are simple questions that can be answered just by reading the books that come with your car.... besides you may find out you have some features you didn't realize you had....
Then again, there are people like me waiting on our SKY and are excited when we hear about these features!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
haylcron said:
Then again, there are people like me waiting on our SKY and are excited when we hear about these features!! :D
That is so different than actually having a car in your possession and not knowing how it works... Come on now, they put those manuals in there for a reason, Read them.... If you can';t figure out how something works on your new car, it is right there in the book... as they say "Look it up, I did"
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
That is so different than actually having a car in your possession and not knowing how it works... Come on now, they put those manuals in there for a reason, Read them.... If you can';t figure out how something works on your new car, it is right there in the book... as they say "Look it up, I did"
OK- we get it. I don't see any reason to harp on people for not having a chance to read the manual yet. After a year or more of waiting and finally having some nice weather, maybe sitting down and reading 500 pages of lawyerese isn't priority #1. I haven't read it yet either though I will soon- sometimes life gets in the way and right now, I just want to drive it. Can we lay off, please?:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
reedred said:
OK- we get it. I don't see any reason to harp on people for not having a chance to read the manual yet. After a year or more of waiting and finally having some nice weather, maybe sitting down and reading 500 pages of lawyerese isn't priority #1. I haven't read it yet either though I will soon- sometimes life gets in the way and right now, I just want to drive it. Can we lay off, please?:)
excuse me but that is the worst excuse I have ever heard... you do not have to read the whole manual to learn the answer to one question... geese....
If you can take the time to post the question here then keep checking back if someone has answered it, don't you think you have the time to look it up in the manual????:yesnod:
here is how to do it, it only takes a few minutes... question, how do I mute the radio? to get the answer fast, open the glove compartment, get the little bag out, remove owners manual from the bag, go to the index, see where it says radios, go to that page and READ... 5 minutes tops.. whats so hard about that? If you know you already have the premium package you can look up steering wheel controls....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
hhhhmmmm, wheres that ignore button--- checking FAQ, (don't want to ask on the forum, might get the self appointed forum police after me)..... oh there it is......"click"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Skip said:
Ok Tim . I have made calls out with the top up. But never had anybody call the Sky . So how does that work? As to volume of the ringer? Please explain... Thank you,,,, Skip.....:lol: :lol:
Quack is correct... but the ringer is not loud and the volume of the radio does not change it, only way I know I have a call coming in when the top down is the radio quits playing....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
On-Star Personal Calling is much more expensive than a regular cell phone. I would NEVER give out that number. I have it in my GMC Envoy and try not to use it very often since it can cost anywhere from like 25 cents to 50 cents a minute.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top