Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I question how my door glass seals to the "A" pillar.
One door defaulted to condition "A".
The other defaulted to condition "B".
Which is correct? A or B?

Condition "A"

Condition "B"

Closing the windows with the doors closed can change from B to A pending the door.
Closing the doors with the windows already up can flip the condition.
Regardless of the case, neither is completely consistent. There is always a small area along the edge that is opposite the majority. It is surely not right. I want to train the gasket to be right, whatever "right" is.

Which is the intended glass-to-seal relationship?

I sure wish I could buy a new seal for my "PLAN-A" top & seal design for it would address multiple issues.

·
Super Moderator
5,085 Posts
If I am seeing your pictures correctly, mine all fit Condition B, with the glass on the outside of the seal, which should be what happens when you close the door with the window up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you state makes the most sense.

After you posted your reply, I thought about my situation more and wonder if my passenger door glass is not traveling high enough or forward enough to contact the seal properly. The door itself is aligned perfectly to the body so the issue does not originate there. The door glass also appears to seat well the the convertible top.

I will study it more closely when I get more time allocated to it. Right now my interior is sprawled throughout my work shop. I need to clean it all up, make some minor repairs to some broken mounting tabs, clean the removed carpets, and do something with the leather seats. The leather is a bit stiff, will be trying a fancy leather conditioner I never used a Corvette project.

·
Super Moderator
5,085 Posts
For what its worth, the only parts of the seats that are leather are the "seating surfaces", so there is a lot of vinyl there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts