Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Porsche will let you come to Germany, see your car being built. It seems that with all the problems they are having with trucking and toting Sky they would see this as a plus.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nico,
I think customer loyalty would be enhanced if Saturn took a cue from German automakers as this car is attracting luxury car buyers who expect a bit more and don't necessarily attach the lower price to any reduced expectations of how they want to be treated, which will translate over to purchases of other cars if Sky buyers don't have to lower expectations. Saturn should take advantage of the espirit de corps amongst those who are waiting, the atmosphere of we're in this together and embrace its customers and this experience as a marketing plus. Production tours, corporate sponsored gatherings, loyalty is what it is all about and roadster buyers who can go with the impractical for fun want to be catered to for sure! I have a Ford Taurus. It is my workhorse. With leather seats, four doors it is nice enough to haul my boss, but affordable enough I could own two at a time. I have owned three of them as my dealer and the car treated me very well and all three have had long very trouble free long lives. Ford took care of me and no one but Ford touches my car even though I pay more for it I think. My dealer knows his customers and treats us all like we are high falutin folks deserving of executive treatment. That sells cars, and lands customers. GM/Saturn needs to switch some folks from other car makers, just like Ford, but unlike Ford who failed to revitalize their offerings and have no "must have" cars, they hooked me with the looks of this SKY...as my toy car... but will Saturn keep me? Will the more practical car purchases I am supposed to make --two expected in the next two years -- land with Saturn or Ford? Cars are infrequent large ticket purchases and they need repeat business they need to capitalize on this move they have made with the Sky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts