Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.
How long do ya'll plan on keeping your Sky before you trade it in for another Sky (or heaven forbid - something else).
I usually keep vehicles til they die of old age, but might want to keep a fairly new Sky at all times.
Seems like 4 years or less than 75,000 miles would be good, since there would still be some warranty left.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I cannot imagine that I will ever trade it in actually. I bought this car because I absolutely loved the look of it, wanted one of the first year production vehicles and now ended up getting one of the first 15,000. I think it's a keeper! :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's a good question.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how far GM intends to keep the Sky/Solstice Kappa platform in production and what changes are made to each model year.

If say significant changes are made to the 2011 model year (4 years from now) then I might be tempted...but right now it's too early to say.

I'd be perfectly happy to keep mine even until I pass the 100k mile warranty. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It's a Keeper. First year 3099th one built. I'll drive it - keep it in good shape and see if it becomes a classic or a toy for my sons/grandsons (or daughters for that matter). . . .

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
TRADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: First I have to GET IT!!!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Ummm...

I already did? (Though I haven't turned my old one into a hand-me-down yet...)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm looking to trade/sell mine in the spring if'n my better half gives me the ok. The only vehicle I'm looking to replace it with though, would be the exact same car, but in the Redline edition !!! :cheers: This car is awesome !!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
We will be trading our Sky in, as soon as our 2008 Redline is here...so we have a bit of a wait. :D :lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
E bayed it about 60 days ago.....Made a nice profit, and RL has been shipped, hold this one for awhile is my guess

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I think ill keep mine for a long time 100k+ miles (or as long as I can have a roadster and have it be practical). Though, I wouldnt mind flipping a switch and making my exact same Sky a Redline version, but oh well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We will be trading our Sky in, as soon as our 2008 Redline is here...so we have a bit of a wait. :D :lol:
This is kinda the way I'm thinking.
Would probably stick with green also.

·
Registered
452 Posts
hope not soon

Redline in Red... I told my wife (bought Sky for her) that after three tickets, we trade in for another color that won't attract as much attention from the law (so not yellow either). In other words, we'll go for stealth mode driving.

So far no tickets, but very hard to keep the pedal off the floor.

R1chy

·
Registered
225 Posts
I cannot imagine that I will ever trade it in actually. I bought this car because I absolutely loved the look of it, wanted one of the first year production vehicles and now ended up getting one of the first 15,000. I think it's a keeper! :D
My sentiments, too.

My current car (see avatar) is a '94 SL2. I've been the only owner and it'll remain that way until she can't be driven under any circumstance.

My RL will get to join the club.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I'll probably keep the base no matter what. I can't imagine selling it, has not crossed my mind. Besides, I have 3 ladies in this house, right now its the queen bees car, I can't imagine the little bees will let me get rid of it, esp the youngen, if anything I'll do few more upgrades/mods on it, maintain it, see how she goes, if no major problems prolly stay in the family for long time. I am tho considering buying a R/L, but ah thats down the road little bit, maybe next year, or late next year. It really all depends on how reliable and good my base turns out to be. What the R/L owner report here etc. So far, ima in heaven--:thumbs: She is a keeper--:cheers: :cool:

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Keep her forever or until she starts giving me more headaches than she's worth. Right now she's a wonder of automotive engineering, but if stuff starts falling off or blowing up after 3-4 years then I'm sure something else will catch my eye.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts