Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to how long it took everyone to get their Sky from the time they put down a deposit until the time they actually received the car. I wonder if it would be worth cataloging the info by dealer....anyone interested in the numbers?

·
Registered
478 Posts
16 hours.

Don't hate me, I just got really lucky.

·
Registered
45 Posts
5 months 12 days....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK - I think I've outlasted you so far. 16 hours - wow. I think you should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Roadsky said:
OK - I think I've outlasted you so far. 16 hours - wow. I think you should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time.
Yeah, I didn't think of that, but I probably should have. M wife, daughter and I were on our way to TGI Fridays and when we got there I saw the dealer. I had forgotton that there was a dealer practically accross the street from Fridays, so I decided to go in and see if they had a brochure. I had been reading about the Sky and decided I wanted a Redline, in graphite, with limited slip rearend, premium sound and so on.

I told my family to wait while I ran in. When I got in, there was the car. It had everything I wanted; graphite, limited slip, stacking CD w/XM, except it was not a Redline. The sales guy told me someone who ordered it bought a porsch instead and declined it earlier that day, so it was available.

I brought the family in. My daughter (11 years old) loved it. I was going to pass, but my wife told me to buy it. She talked me into it after I hemmed and hawed. Okay, it was not really hard, but she still had to talk me into it. I don't normally spend so much money on a near whim, but when the salesman told me it would be gone in 2 days I believed him. So I gave him the refundable deposit and figured I had all night to think about it. But I pretty much knew I was taking it. As I was handing over my credit card, 3 guys walked in and one of them started to sit in "my" car and I didn't like it!

So yeah, my luck was amazing. I think I used up my luck quota for the next 5 years :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Put down a deposit in AUG 05, Imiged March 31st, still waiting....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
17 Years...

Living in Detroit, Mom works for GM, Dad works for Chrysler, I'm 20 years old and buy my first new car in 1979 - a Triumph Spitfire. Both my parents really let me have it for not buying an American car. I say to them, "Look! As soon as Detroit makes a decent 2-seat roadster, I'll be first in line."

In January of 2006, I put my deposit on my Saturn SKY. I lied though. I was second in line. But guy #1 cancelled out, and I was the first to take delivery of a custom-ordered SKY in Orange County, California.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
My whole life, and still waiting. :brentil:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
little over 5 months. It really depends on where you are at on yoru dealer's list.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
5 months

My Dad ordered one in February - Automatic with Red and Black interior - both of which were back ordered for a while. it was built on May 29th but he only just got it a couple days ago (July 8).

I haven't ordered mine yet - planning to get a Red Line sometime after November.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How Long?

See my signature ... its well worth the wait!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
9.5 months:banghead:
But now that I am :driving: it ---- :cool: :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
My down payment in October. Imaged in March. Built the week of 05/29. Car is sitting in Milpitas waiting to be delivered to my dealer. I should have it by the end of the week.

·
Registered
139 Posts
two weeks:cheers: :lol:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Deposit on Apr 15, 2006. I was told that I would probably be able to order in July and delivery would be 4 to 6 weeks. So Aug or Sept. Dealer called June 6 and said they had a Sky someone had declined. I drove it home that afternoon. I'm another one that got lucky.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Its looking like about 5 months here. Hope to have it in 2 weeks if dealer is right witch he has been so far.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Deposit Jan 9th 2006
Imaged 26th March
Delivered June 28th

·
Registered
388 Posts
Going on 4 months and still waiting.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts