Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an update on my baby.

I ordered on 2/21

She was built on 3/16 (23 days)

Released to carrier on 3/18 (2 days)

I know she is coming by rail to a town I don't know how to spell - about 100 miles from the dealership. Then by truck to the dealer - so I expect at least 2 weeks. The dealers model was shipped, same method, on the 10th and has not yet arrived.

I feel like I'm pregnant again and anxiously anticipating the delivery!!:D almost there :driving:

Midnight Blue Automatic
Black/Black
Spoiler
LSD
Chrome wheels
6 CD changer

Anybody have a similar timeline?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add that my GM and my salesman and my Sales Manager have all been awesome in keeping me informed. I have printouts of the order and order updates. Have always had my order number. Were happy to give them to me and my VIN, too (ends in 795).

Interestingly, My order went from a 30 on the 14th, with no TPW to built on the 16th. Go Figure!! :driving:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
MOMDRAE said:
Forgot to add that my GM and my salesman and my Sales Manager have all been awesome in keeping me informed. I have printouts of the order and order updates. Have always had my order number. Were happy to give them to me and my VIN, too (ends in 795).

Interestingly, My order went from a 30 on the 14th, with no TPW to built on the 16th. Go Figure!! :driving:

did the order number end in 795? or is that just the vin??? SkyBaby-07
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
reedred said:
I believe your order number should be 6 characters.
and... has nothing to do with the vin????? SkyBaby-07
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
Probably not, but I don't have a VIN yet. I'd search through Ernest's 65,000 posts and find out for you, but I have someplace to be next week. :lol: I'm sure he'll tell you shortly anyway.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
reedred said:
Probably not, but I don't have a VIN yet. I'd search through Ernest's 65,000 posts and find out for you, but I have someplace to be next week. :lol: I'm sure he'll tell you shortly anyway.
YOU IS SILLY:D .... i have tried to find the numbers in Ernests posting.... UGH.. like mine,,, WAY TOO MANY... oh well... we will all find out soon i am sure.. TYTYTY.. SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
MOMDRAE said:
Forgot to add that my GM and my salesman and my Sales Manager have all been awesome in keeping me informed. I have printouts of the order and order updates. Have always had my order number. Were happy to give them to me and my VIN, too (ends in 795).

Interestingly, My order went from a 30 on the 14th, with no TPW to built on the 16th. Go Figure!! :driving:
My vehicle was ordered on 3/3/06 and I just found out that it was built on the 17th. (2 weeks) I have no idea when it will ship. Allocation manager in Fairfield said that it should be here end of the month/first week of April.

Did not give me any more than that. No vin #:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
MOMDRAE said:
Here is an update on my baby.

I ordered on 2/21

She was built on 3/16 (23 days)

Released to carrier on 3/18 (2 days)

I know she is coming by rail to a town I don't know how to spell - about 100 miles from the dealership. Then by truck to the dealer - so I expect at least 2 weeks. The dealers model was shipped, same method, on the 10th and has not yet arrived.

I feel like I'm pregnant again and anxiously anticipating the delivery!!:D almost there :driving:

Midnight Blue Automatic
Black/Black
Spoiler
LSD
Chrome wheels
6 CD changer

Anybody have a similar timeline?

Mine shipped on March 6. My dealer (in Seattle) told me to expect it from 14 to 18 days from then for delivery:banghead: . I would think that N. California would be about the same (from DE).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Its Greek to Me

I dont think there is much rhyme or reason to it at all...

My Silver Graphite had been built since the end of Feb and it has yet to make it to the dealer lot in Northern Virginia. It is the demo and they said at the time they figured the week of "March 20th" was a safe bet to expect arrival. But the VIN of the car is much lower than those that I have seen being reported delivered or on their way on this site or of the red one listed for sale on ebay.

I am thinking that they may have stockpiled up the cars waiting government approval and now the transports are catching up with the relative lack of trucks and perhaps selecting warmer climates for some of the first truck routes.

I hope to have the entire life cycle of my Sky posted for comparison when I get it (fingers crossed that it be this week).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
1994SC2 said:
I dont think there is much rhyme or reason to it at all...

My Silver Graphite had been built since the end of Feb and it has yet to make it to the dealer lot in Northern Virginia. It is the demo and they said at the time they figured the week of "March 20th" was a safe bet to expect arrival. But the VIN of the car is much lower than those that I have seen being reported delivered or on their way on this site or of the red one listed for sale on ebay.

I am thinking that they may have stockpiled up the cars waiting government approval and now the transports are catching up with the relative lack of trucks and perhaps selecting warmer climates for some of the first truck routes.

I hope to have the entire life cycle of my Sky posted for comparison when I get it (fingers crossed that it be this week).
From what i understand, those going by truck will sit there until there is a truckload going to the same general area... Mine is still sitting on a truck waiting to be filled before heading here...
By the way, what is your VIN, My dealer has not given me mine yet.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top