Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get off work early tomorrow to pick up my sky (IF it gets delivered tomorrow) How long does it take the dealership to PDI it once its pulled off the truck?

I didn't want to take off work to early just to end up sitting around for hours.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Why, you have been sitting around waiting for this car for months! At least you could stare at it? :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skywulf said:
Why, you have been sitting around waiting for this car for months! At least you could stare at it? :lol: :lol:
Normally I would, but I have alot to do here at work and the boss knows it. :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Call 'em and ask when they can deliver it to you. I know my local dealership schedules the deliveries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Well, they told me it would take them about 4-6 hours to do the complete PDI.

From the Saturn Diagnostic Checklist of all parts, computer, engine, etc...
Then to fill the car up with gas, and do the detailing, waxing, etc.

But I also had them install the CAI and the mudguards, so that's why they said 4-6 hours. They billed the labor for those parts at nearly 4 hours of work. So i'm sure the PDI can't take all /that/ long...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
usmc said:
Normally I would, but I have alot to do here at work and the boss knows it. :brentil:
If I was your boss, I would to tell you take off, it nots like your gonna get anywork done anyways!!
:lol: :lol:

Man this must be drving you crazy!! :banghead: :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
I just got the call (3pm) that my car was here. They said I could pick it up at 6! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
YIPPEEE!!!! Memorial Day just got brighter, didn't it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
usmc said:
I'm trying to get off work early tomorrow to pick up my sky (IF it gets delivered tomorrow) How long does it take the dealership to PDI it once its pulled off the truck?

I didn't want to take off work to early just to end up sitting around for hours.

Thanks!
Well, couldn't you just leave it there for a day or two?
(ducking....)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:cryin:
richmcc said:
If I was your boss, I would to tell you take off, it nots like your gonna get anywork done anyways!!
:lol: :lol:

Man this must be drving you crazy!! :banghead: :banghead:
HEHE, it is!

I went ahead and called my salesperson and she said it takes 2-3 hours for pdi. She also said when they actually start the pdi depends on how busy they are with other peoples stuff. :banghead:

they only have 2 guys that do the pdi's.

I'm not getting worked up about it, I can't even be 100% sure it will be trucked tomorrow.... it could be Tuesday..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cerberus said:
Well, couldn't you just leave it there for a day or two?
(ducking....)

:cuss: :boxing: :cuss: :boxing: :cuss:

:jester: :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Congrats!!!!!! wooooo hoooooo you lucky Sky owner you! What a great weekend you will have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
It would be terrible if they finished first thing in the morning and you had to take the whole day off to pick it up.:cheers:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Carrots and horses

SKYtime said:
Call 'em and ask when they can deliver it to you. I know my local dealership schedules the deliveries.
It is similar to dangling a carrot in front of the horse to get it to follow.
You've waited this long what is one more day.
Actually call them and get a "pick up time"
Congratulations on getting your car, Enjoy the ride. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Its Friday, on a three day holiday weekend, if possible leave work early!!! Tell your boss, you liken this event to one of lifes greatest experiences. I was at my dealership for about 4 hours. It was a party with food, balloons, and photos. Not everyday, you take the keys to a new car built to your specs., at least I don't. Whatever day you get it, I wish you many miles and many smiles:D :D Congrads!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
cerberus said:
oh.
well.
i won't debate that.
i gotta run out and pickup a car now.

I like that, really cool, Oh I got to go run and pickup a car now. hoo humm


NOT, I GOT MY SKY OH MY GOD I CAN"T BELIEVE IT ! IT IS HERE! :willy: :willy: :willy:

Just pure :cool:

Congrats Mark! :thumbs:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
I know my retailer, once my car gets here will be done with the PDI in the minimum time needed... they will get it in... git r done... and out I go with it!!! I am hoping an hour or two at most.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday! The call came in from my salesperson at 9:30am, and it was ready to go by 1:00pm! He called when they got it off the truck, so I'd say it can be done in just a few hours.

I had no dealer installed anything, so it was simple for them I suppose. Prep it, charge me MSRP, send me on my VERY merry way.....

Go get that car!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,602 Posts
richmcc said:
I like that, really cool, Oh I got to go run and pickup a car now. hoo humm


NOT, I GOT MY SKY OH MY GOD I CAN"T BELIEVE IT ! IT IS HERE! :willy: :willy: :willy:

Just pure :cool:

Congrats Mark! :thumbs:
Thanks. Don't want to hijack USMC's thread.
2-3 hours sounds about right, I guess.
A bit numb, and hasn't hit yet. Fun ride though.
I'll post more once I regroup.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top