Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi SKY owners,
I've been told my car is scheduled to be built the first week of July. How long did it take from being built to delivery for you? My dealer here in BC couldn't give me an answer. He wouldn't even give me an order number as he said that is dealer information. But he did say he will call me every Monday with updates.
Thanks ahead of time for your input!

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
skybright said:
Hi SKY owners,
I've been told my car is scheduled to be built the first week of July.
Production is shut down, for vacation, the first week in July.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I Don't know how long it will actually take in your case.

I do know that it will seem like forever.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
skybright said:
Hi SKY owners,
I've been told my car is scheduled to be built the first week of July. How long did it take from being built to delivery for you? My dealer here in BC couldn't give me an answer. He wouldn't even give me an order number as he said that is dealer information. But he did say he will call me every Monday with updates.
Your dealer probably ment the first week of production in July which is Monday, July 10th. The are on company shut down from this Saturday untill the 9th of July.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
:cheers:
deluke said:
Your dealer probably ment the first week of production in July which is Monday, July 10th. The are on company shut down from this Saturday untill the 9th of July.
I just squeaked by...mine got built last week

I'll be going to Vancouver for a road trip though in August sometime...hopefully you have yours and we can get together for a cruise.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CdnSkyGuy were are you located?

CdnSkyGuy said:
:cheers:

I just squeaked by...mine got built last week

I'll be going to Vancouver for a road trip though in August sometime...hopefully you have yours and we can get together for a cruise.
Just wondering if you are from back east and driving all the way? If it got built last week when are you expecting it to arrive? What colour?
If mine gets built the week of July 11 will I get it before August? I hope so!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
skybright said:
Hi SKY owners,
From what I've read here July 10th is the first day back after shut down. Congrats though. It's promising to finally have a build week.

I have the same build week as you. Probably going to warm up on a couple of Canadian cars to clear the cob webs before they get back to it for real.:lol:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Deluke

deluke said:
Thank you for the information. Guess my dealer doesn't check the forum! I learn more from here then for him any time. Now I'm even wondering if he ordered the car. He did say he would call me every week to let me know how it is going. We will see what he says on Tuesday!:confused:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Can you give us some details on what you have ordered? Colours, Options?:)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm also interested in knowing when you ordered.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rick112

rick112 said:
From what I've read here July 10th is the first day back after shut down. Congrats though. It's promising to finally have a build week.

I have the same build week as you. Probably going to warm up on a couple of Canadian cars to clear the cob webs before they get back to it for real.:lol:
Great to see other Canadians are getting the same info as I am. Do you think it will be four weeks for delivery from the build date? or preferrenced dated?:jester:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rick112 said:
I'm also interested in knowing when you ordered.
OK I put my $500 down on Mar 30, 2005 (yes more than a year ago). My dealer said they ordered my car on May 21 but just got prefferenced to be built the first week in July. I guess that meant first build week in July.

Ordered White with red and black interior, fully loaded

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
skybright said:
OK I put my $500 down on Mar 30, 2005 (yes more than a year ago). My dealer said they ordered my car on May 21 but just got prefferenced to be built the first week in July. I guess that meant first build week in July.

Ordered White with red and black interior, fully loaded
Prefferenced does not mean that you have a TPW yet. You could have one but my car was prefferenced for a month before I had a TPW. (I think, if I remember correctly)

I am in Regina and am driving to Vancouver because my Wife's family is from there.

If it is built that week it will likely get on the truck the following Monday and I estimate a month delivery time. The lady I spoke too at the 800 # said 2 weeks but I am very skeptical of that time frame.

I ordered Sunburst Yellow fully loaded except 6 cd changer. MP3 Players are much easier than millions of discs in my opinion.

Anyways...BC is the perfect place in Canada to own a Sky...you will have tonnes of fun.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I put my first $500 down in July of last year as well. I'm hoping to have the car by the end of July!!! But I've been told by customer service Middle of August. The friend that's been telling me things has been accurate to this point and that friend says end of July. Lets see if they are correct. That would put it about 4 weeks away.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
skybright said:
Great to see other Canadians are getting the same info as I am. Do you think it will be four weeks for delivery from the build date? or preferrenced dated?:jester:
That's what it was taking for the Solstice, but don't forget that was around the fist 8/10 months, they could be shipping alot faster now. Before they had to wait for enough Solstice to fill railcars and trucking carrier's. I'll try to check with some of the Canadian Solstice guy's on the Solstice forum.

·
Registered
308 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Prefferenced does not mean that you have a TPW yet. You could have one but my car was prefferenced for a month before I had a TPW. (I think, if I remember correctly)

I am in Regina and am driving to Vancouver because my Wife's family is from there.

If it is built that week it will likely get on the truck the following Monday and I estimate a month delivery time. The lady I spoke too at the 800 # said 2 weeks but I am very skeptical of that time frame.

I ordered Sunburst Yellow fully loaded except 6 cd changer. MP3 Players are much easier than millions of discs in my opinion.

Anyways...BC is the perfect place in Canada to own a Sky...you will have tonnes of fun.
if you are lucky mine was built on 6-6-06 and has been sitting in the railyard waiting to be put on a rail car sence 6-8-06 it has been sitting there for 22 days, and they said they do not know how long it will be there because they are waiting for more cars to come off the line before they ship it. YES I AM PISSED!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
skybright said:
Hi SKY owners,
you can never tell how long shipping will take... depends on routing, the number of changes in modes of transportation, the number of coffee breaks the driver takes, how many other cars get delivered on the way to you....all they will be able to tell you is when it is released for shipping, then it is in the carrier's hands....

·
Registered
574 Posts
my clock has actually began ticking backwards......

jdigiant said:
I Don't know how long it will actually take in your case.

I do know that it will seem like forever.
yeah I agree! forever and a day.:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts