Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to guess when the baseline SKY's MSRP goes up? And by how much?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have heard that next year the msrp might go as high as 29500 for base and loaded with everything around 38,900
i can't confirm this so we will just have to wait and see

·
Registered
104 Posts
Only way they will get $38,900 is if they have a V6 and/or majority upgraded interior.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I personally dont think the base price will go up very much on the base Sky. THey are making a good amount of profit already on each one.I bet they are making in the neighborhood of 5 grand on each. It is bringing people into the Saturn dealerships who might otherwise never step foot in one, like myself. This is terrific advertising and exposure for them so I don't think they will kill the golden goose.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
$23,690 base price and figure a 13% difference from invoice price =$21,603

So they are making about $2000.00 per car but just from the base price.

Figure with accessories they are making anywhere from $2 to $4k per car.

Nice profit for a car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bet it goes up $500.00 to $1000.00 within 2 years

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah I can't see it crossing 25k next year. It's a pretty car, but we are getting what we paid for with it. I'd have to agree as well with the fact that it is drawing people into Saturn dealerships. First time I've considered Saturns and we are already looking at them for our next car. It will be a few years down the road but I never realized the style you could get for the price through Saturn.

·
Registered
136 Posts
middletown_AL said:
i have heard that next year the msrp might go as high as 29500 for base and loaded with everything around 38,900

you're kidding me right??

The MSRP of the car MIGHT, MIGHT go up by a 1000 tops. Just look at the numbers you posted and think for a second.

Think for one second.....

Do you HONESTLY believe those numbers? 30 grand for a BASE car. So you're telling me you believe that people would be willing to buy a car that has next to NO amenities, is a domestic car, and rather slow at that, when they could buy a S2K which would have leather seats, etc, etc, a honda, and is noticeably faster, for EXACTLY the same price. No freakin way.

And 40 grand for a Loaded base line Sky? WTF???!! NO WAY. They'd be lucky if they sold more than a 1000 in a year with that, good luck finding someone that is willing to spend almost 45 grand out the door for a ***SATURN*** (i'm the first one that likes and appreciates the saturn image, but be realistic here).

I could see the MSRP by going up by MAYBE 500 bucks, I doubt that. The reason why they're selling out is because it's a limited production thing, it's not hard to sell out with that... The pricing structure for the Sky is perfect right now, if they're stupid enough to increase it (Which I wouldn't be surprised, knowing GM), they will effectively kill the Sky.

Looks help with a car, but keep in mind once you get to the 30k and up range people are buying a car for the IMAGE. And this early in Saturn's turnaround, they do NOT have that image that is desired.

Hell if GM is stupid enough to price the Sky REDLINE over a S2000 they're going to hurt the sales of it. Let's see how it goes...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
Anyone care to guess when the baseline SKY's MSRP goes up? And by how much?
just based on what is a normal increase in a car's MSRP from one year to the next and from what the solstice went up after it's initial run , I cannot see more than a 300 to 500 dollar increase... unless they add MORE standard equipment...
so we are talking areound $23,900, to $24,400

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have to go along with the more conservative estimates. I'd say $500-1500 tops. No matter what us crazy people think, Saturn does not want to make SKY their bread and butter car. So they will try to keep this very low production attraction reasonably priced to entice people into the showrooms. They want to sell Vues and Auras and things like that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I have to go along with the more conservative estimates. I'd say $500-1500 tops. No matter what us crazy people think, Saturn does not want to make SKY their bread and butter car. So they will try to keep this very low production attraction reasonably priced to entice people into the showrooms. They want to sell Vues and Auras and things like that.
exactly... even a 1500 increase, the only way they could justify that is making LSD standard and whatever othe things. Hell LSD shoulda been made standard from the getgo.. I wouldnt' be surprised if they do that with the 2008, increase the price by like 500 bucks and make LSD standard

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The Solstice went from $19,995 to $20,490 at the begining of 2006. The 2007 MY version as far as I know will cost the same for the rest of this year at least. I'm not sure if 2007 MY pricing is out officially or not yet. I'd expect the Sky to go up about the same either by the MY refresh or the 2006~2007 year switch over.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
middletown_AL said:
Defintely not true. Even the RL base isn't supposed to cost that much (29500) I'm betting. The point of the Kappa cars is low cost affordable Roadsters. Bob Lutz has been quated himself as saying "the world doesn't need another $30k Roadster" or some like such.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Remember who the compitition is! The price will stay in line with the Mazda. If it goes up, it won't be by much.

·
Registered
136 Posts
rick112 said:
Remember who the compitition is! The price will stay in line with the Mazda. If it goes up, it won't be by much.
exactly... they HAVE to stay in pricing in the Miata range, and be careful not to go to close to the S2K range

1 - 15 of 15 Posts