Saturn Sky Forum banner

How Long Unitl a Redline is on E-Bay ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, how long do you think it will be until someone posts a Redline on E-bay ?

Probably for about $5,000 over msrp and tax :lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
It will be wellover 5k...I sold my Sky with 2k miles about 2weeks ago for 4k over sticker on E-Bay..I would guess some were around 8-10k over sticker.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
It was almost 2 weeks when a base Sky showed up on E-Bay.....Skip..:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I went with 6 weeks just because they are still slow coming out of the plant and I really want to believe that the first ones arriving are going to a loving home. :lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I went with 6 weeks just because they are still slow coming out of the plant and I really want to believe that the first ones arriving are going to a loving home. :lol: :thumbs:
All but one that I know of have nice loving homes!!!!:thumbs: The one I know of got a raw deal!!!!!:D

·
Super Moderator
6,477 Posts
I new he would be the 1st, did he put a disclaimer about dirty undercarriage?
I just read the ad......no disclaimer. Maybe he decided to clean it after all.

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,477 Posts
If you told someone that you were selling your car because it got wet, they would assume you meant underwater, or top-open-in-the-rain wet, and would run in the other direction as fast as they could.

Or, they would assume you were crazy. or lying.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It'll be interesting to see the final price. I've been watching them closley for a while to see if I'm going to keep mine or sell for a profit and re-order.:eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
The reason I decided to list it on ebay is twofold. First, because I had to put mileage on it while driving home in the rain and secondly because I have a standard Sky. If I sold the standard I would probably loose money on it, even though it has been detailed to concours condition and has less mileage than my RL. I hope to sell the RL for what I have invested in it. What's the sense in having two almost identical cars....I should have eaten the deposit I had placed on the RL and been happy with the Sky I had in my garage.

Richard

·
Registered
444 Posts
The reason I decided to list it on ebay is twofold. First, because I had to put mileage on it while driving home in the rain and secondly because I have a standard Sky. If I sold the standard I would probably loose money on it, even though it has been detailed to concours condition and has less mileage than my RL. I hope to sell the RL for what I have invested in it. What's the sense in having two almost identical cars....I should have eaten the deposit I had placed on the RL and been happy with the Sky I had in my garage.

Richard
Richard, I am sure that the Scottsdale Saturn Dealer that currently has the highest bid on your car will end up getting it as they will not be "out bid"!

I believe they were also the dealer that picked up the "clothes off your back" custom Sky at the auction earlier this year & paid top buck....

Keep your eyes on eBay!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
637 Posts

Richard
The $1000 deposit I placed is 100% refundable...I don't understand why, if it was so important to you that the car be transported, you didn't simply let the car sit at the dealer for another day or two 'til you could get a reliable car transport service to pick it up.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts

Richard
Well Richard, I sincerely hope you do recover your "costs" to date, and hopefully you can make a grand or 2--What really is really confusing, to many of us is, why did you buy 2 Sky's? Was the standard just a stepping stone until the R/L arrived? AND since you received the R/L, since it now has a few more miles on it than the regular Sky, is that now why you are selling it? IF, the R/L would of been picked up as you wished & the odo would of had 9 miles on it & no rain splatters, would the standard Sky now be the one on the block on Ebay instead of the R/L? Either way your R/L will sell, looks like theres a dealer that has the funds & the hots for it, just depends on how high he will go. Can I ask what your reserve price is? Curiousity--:confused:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I read all the threads on his transporter problems and the rain .... give me a break! He could have left it at the dealers ... inside or covered outside and not drove it. Heck, it probably sat outside uncovered at the plant and shipping yards. His excuse for selling is questionable. His spin of many trophy vehicles also sounded questionable when you looked into his eBay photo's.
If someone can purchase it for a fair price I would say go for it.
However, I would think a financial institution might view this as a "used" vehicle and the interest rate would be higher. However, because of the low milage it could still fall into a "new" car class and qualify for lower rates.

I wish him and the new owner well! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts