Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my SKy this past Saturday. Silver Pearl, Red leather interior, and automatic transmission. The dealer told me it would be anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months before I get my car. Does anybody have some insight ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
By order, Do you mean Imaged, or placed an Order with the Salesman?

On average, I think it's been about 5-7weeks from time it's imaged. With some people that ordered way early still waiting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered my car over a month ago and I am getting the same response from the dealer. Anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
who wants to race me on sending him to the Search function? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??????
lol !!:willy:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
They are doing a lot of QA on these cars, so that is adding to the delivery time. Just trust me, no matter how long they tell you the wait will be it will seem like it is too long. :banghead: However, it will have been the best wait in your life when you see it in person and get to drive it!:driving: :drool:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Gary, I asked the same question. (What's an image) And I too actually put the deposit down Saturday, and I too am hearing short delivery time. May seems short compared to you all who have had a sky jones for more than a year. But May might not get here from where I sit. I think the longest wait has been for production to begin and those of you who were in the front helped step up the pace. My dealer said that the demand cannot be resisted, speculates they are upping production, pulling other models out to make room for more sky cars. So, I think the first wave of fans have made the wait shorter for us who came into this game late. I was told no later than midmay, and that is just six weeks from date of order to delivery. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
The SKY and SOL are made at the same plant. the demand for the SOL is as high as the SKY so they can't cut back on that production...You will have to join the rest of us and wait, first get your order number so you know the image has been sent Mine is GFW484 and the print out will have your name on it...Good Luck I hope your wait is short....SEAL9

·
Registered
182 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
who wants to race me on sending him to the Search function? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??????
LMAO ! :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
seal9 said:
The SKY and SOL are made at the same plant. the demand for the SOL is as high as the SKY so they can't cut back on that production...You will have to join the rest of us and wait, first get your order number so you know the image has been sent Mine is GFW484 and the print out will have your name on it...Good Luck I hope your wait is short....SEAL9

OK, I know it is a bad pun, but I couldn't let it pass - glad to see that you are not from Oklahoma and that it is the demand that is so high - not the corn.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Gary1786 said:
I'm new here

What do you mean by imaged vs ordered with a salesperson?

thanks

Gary
Top of header Under search punch in Image and read..........read.....Skip:lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Take it easy cousins, he is new to the asylum! We were all rookies once!!
Hey look at me fopr example, before this forum I couldn't hardly use this 'pewter, or spel neither. Now I r a gud spellar, [email protected]! And Ski-Up, your weren't even housebroke or leash trained, and now luk at ya. Almost civilized, I think!:lol: :lol: :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:
Take it easy cousins, he is new to the asylum! We were all rookies once!!
Hey look at me fopr example, before this forum I couldn't hardly use this 'pewter, or spel neither. Now I r a gud spellar, [email protected]! And Ski-Up, your weren't even housebroke or leash trained, and now luk at ya. Almost civilized, I think!:lol: :lol: :D
Ernest... i am sure the trees are well watered..:thumbs: .. LOLOL..:D SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Man, you all need to cross your fingers for me.....

My birthday is Friday
I do NOT expect my car for another 3+ weeks
The demo SHOULD be at the dealership tomorrow (I hope)
The demo will take a day for "upgrades"
Tomorrow, I go to Disneyland (gift from hubby)
Friday, on my birthday, I am hoping to AT LEAST take it for a test drive
I have a request into the dealership if I could set aside time for a ride in the afternoon...

Does anyone know how long the standard "test drive" takes? Does anyone know how far the standard "test drive" goes?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated... otherwise, after tonight, I will NOT be checking the forum until Friday morning.....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Mine was about 20 minutes or so. I went really far, though. When we got back, a salesman said "took you long enough..."

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Man, you all need to cross your fingers for me.....

My birthday is Friday
I do NOT expect my car for another 3+ weeks
The demo SHOULD be at the dealership tomorrow (I hope)
The demo will take a day for "upgrades"
Tomorrow, I go to Disneyland (gift from hubby)
Friday, on my birthday, I am hoping to AT LEAST take it for a test drive
I have a request into the dealership if I could set aside time for a ride in the afternoon...

Does anyone know how long the standard "test drive" takes? Does anyone know how far the standard "test drive" goes?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated... otherwise, after tonight, I will NOT be checking the forum until Friday morning.....
The standard test drive at SOV is usually only about 5 minutes, they take you past the 405 on roscoe, then make the first right, then up to Nordhoff and down the 405. I would push to have them take you somewhere with curves. Like the road to the resturaunt just North of the 118 "Top of the Valley" I think it is.

Ask if they allowing test drives for anyone, or only people with deposits.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The dealership has their own route that they use for test drives - the salesperson rode with us once to show us the route & then they let us take the car out. It took us thru a neighborhood, onto the interstate, etc... so we got to take some curves, go different speed limits, etc.... I drove 1st & then when we got back, we told the salesperson that my fiance' had to drive it too - we had the car for quite awhile - we figured since we're paying that much for a car that we haven't even driven - we were going to drive their demo as long as we needed to. They were cool about it. I really wanted to drive it home & keep it until our Sky comes in...but I think that might have been stealing......:nono:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
The test drive varies by dealer and the back up. I went Tuesday and they had a line of folks waiting to drive it, so they kept the drives short. With the number of folks they have waiting, I don't see it getting long anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts