Saturn Sky Forum banner

How many cars so far through your retailer?

Votes: 4 11.8%

Votes: 3 8.8%

Votes: 9 26.5%

Votes: 6 17.6%

Votes: 5 14.7%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 5 14.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky people here... Someone getting delivery today had theirs made in just under 2 months... and then just about 2 weeks later, it was delivered. 2.5 months total...

Mine was given a TPW of a day under 10 weeks... and if the delivery takes a similar time... It will be a full 3 months or more from order entry to delivery. *For those counting from time of deposit, which I don't think matters or counts... try July/August of last year...*

I was hoping to have it by this weekend so my friend could use it for his wedding... but alas, GM/Saturn only feels that a tried and true, Saturn philosophy to the heart, honest retailer only gets 1 allotment per month or less... so nope... no car yet. They still have only received their store demo...

So, I am wondering... any other retailers on here that have only received 1 car??? There is a poll above...

What is GM/Saturn's thinking??? They are not spreading the car out evenly... and in my mind, not with a good plan. Wouldn't it have been smarter to get the cars to the northern states sooner then the southern ones so that the car owners would get the most out of the vehicle and the company would get the on the road exposure needed??? That would allow GM/Saturn to focus on the Southern & Southwestern states more in the late Summer/Fall/early Winter.

Thoughts???

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would think they may be doing it right.

Start in the southern states where the tops :D can come off now - Calif to Texas to Florida, then begin working north to have cars in northern states by Juneish - Washington state to Mich to Maine.

Sky will remain in high demand as long as GM doesn't over-produce. Not of much comfort to those waiting, but isn't at least a part of the joy in anticipation? :cool: :cool:

Happy Memorial Day :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
skyflier said:
I would think they may be doing it right.

Start in the southern states where the tops :D can come off now - Calif to Texas to Florida, then begin working north to have cars in northern states by Juneish - Washington state to Mich to Maine.

Sky will remain in high demand as long as GM doesn't over-produce. Not of much comfort to those waiting, but isn't at least a part of the joy in anticipation? :cool: :cool:

Happy Memorial Day :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
We have already had highs in the 80's... heck, this weekend it will be 90. So what if we get 100 inches of snow a year... that ends in February or March depending on the year. We have had 3 months of top down weather so far... sure, not all the days were sunny and warm, but they were there.

I have seen Miata's, Z3's and S2000's all over the place enjoying the great weather. I have been to a bunch of car shows already this year *including the south* sans my SKY, so I still m showing my SL2.

The point in sales is to have the items in the consumers hands before they need them. Like when I worked in retail... at Kohl's, we would get our Turtlenecks in July and our T-Shirts in January. Why??? They want to make sure they have the product available for when it is needed... not have the items delivered in June and July when their competitor already had all the customers come in to buy.

The other point in my question is, if the 1st one was ordered in January & delivered in March... the 2nd one ordered in March and set to be delivered after the third... and the 3rd ordered April 12th and set to be made June 19th. Delivery??? July probably. The 4th I hope was ordered... I haven't checked recently... but if it was it was ordered a week or two ago and probably won't get here until August... That means the next will be September, and except for a few weekends of watching the trees change colors on a nice drive in the hills... that is it for the season. That means 4 - 5 SKY's delivered for the summer... including 2 at the end of it. Not very bright in my eyes.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the poll, I hope people know I mean how many SKY's have they pushed through their delivery room. Not how many cars have you personally bought. :D :thumbs: :jester:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A discussion in another thread made me think for a moment...

I just did some math... if they are making about 155 cars a day and a third of them are Saturns, that means 50 cars a day give or take are SKY's... that means, not counting Memorial Day & weekends, there will be about 1100 SKY's made between now and when the 3rd image for the retailer is currently TPW'd... also meaning a SKY around 4500 in the VIN will potentially be the 2nd one delivered to a retailer. Their 2nd image was TPW'd after the 3rd... also makes no sense.

Basically, that 4500 is almost HALF of the 10,000 to be made yearly and they would only have 2 or 3 made for them so far.

They were planning on keeping the 1st one as a demo... but didn't want to keep having to tell people no, you can't buy the one we have sitting here... oh, you want one as soon as possible, well we have a list of 15 - 20 people and only 9 images for the year so you might have to wait a while... instead of waiting, most either go to another make/model or are lucky to find one sitting on a dealers lot that is charging over sticker. So, instead of upsetting customers... they placed an ad saying 1st come takes it... and poof, it was gone.

They also thought that if the system saw they made a sale... it would get their replacement faster. So far... doesn't look like it.

It is just sad that GM/Saturn has no clue how many sales this retailer could have made with maybe 1 more image a month... so instead of one, they would get two.

I just find it amazing, ya know??? :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
My dealer has received 4 Sky's. 2 were ordered and 2 were dealer cars.

I was lucky I got the 3rd Sky which was a dealer car. I placed my order March 25th but bought the dealer car instead. It had much more than the one I ordered but I'm glad I got the upgrades because they look Awesome!!!!

It is worth every penny that I have spent!!!!!

Today my wife took her for a ride and a car pulled up next to her and took a picture of it with their picture phone. That happened while she was driving down busy Rte 93 to Boston.

I have come out of stores and people are standing all a round my Sky. The questions never end.

Last night I was followed by a guy while I was trying to pick out hanging plants for my front porch and he asked me every question that he could think of. He could not believe it was a Saturn.

Get use to answering every question about the Sky....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts