Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this might be a little fun.

I have been spending a lot of time looking at the Sky. ( I'm sure none of you do this)

It is indeed a very special car. That much is for sure....but how about this?

If this happens to you maybe you'll list your thoughts........BECAUSE

When I study different sections of the car I see many different features/areas of the car that appear or are (for lack of a better term) "defining" of other great sports cars of the past. :driving:

For instance the rear deck has just the right touch of 300 SL Gull Wing. Not a lot, just enough.

The view from overhead reveals ......
(ok maybe just to me:cheers: after a few) (BTW RedSky....how's the bong project going????) anyway,.......
that there are vestage fenders over the wheel whell arches that carry over to the rear deck (like an Allard) something from a 30's raodster ......
or when you look at the belt line forward and the "Classic older vette" pop's out or the "Porsche Speedster look of the top up......

I don't mean for a second to imply a rip off, oh nooooooooo:nono: just more like the best use of what has worked in the past to create a "CLASSSIC".

I honestly think that this car is destined to become a "Classic" and it will do so built right here.......now thats a bouns :patriot:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Since I am going to a classic car show tomorrow, I will be able not only to list how many I see, I will be able to post photographs...

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yep, the designers did a great job styling the Vauxhall VX Lightning concept car which the Sky is based from.

The fact that you see styling cues from other such classic cars as the 300 SL & Vette is a good thing because they were icons in their own car class with distinctive styling.

So all of these combine to make the Sky something distinctively new and yet vaguely familiar with great styling cues from great cars of the past.

I still get comments like, "What kind of car is that? That's a Saturn?! Wow that's so cool looking!" and so forth.
In my opinion I see a little bit of Corvette, Viper, Opel Speedster, & Vauxhall VX220 in the Sky.

I think Saturn's new slogan sums it up perfectly..."LIKE ALWAYS. LIKE NEVER BEFORE."

·
Registered
160 Posts
Could not agree more. The Sky has the classic roadster look; yet definitely unique and modern. The designers did a fantastic job. I am amazed at how well the lines blend together. I'll bet it would have been fun to sit in on the design meetings! :)

:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
jdigiant said:
Since I am going to a classic car show tomorrow, I will be able not only to list how many I see, I will be able to post photographs...
Photo 1: Side Vent, New 'Vette
Photo 2: Side Vent, Old 'Vette
Photo 3: Horizontal Split-Line Tail Light, Camaro
Photo 4: Three-Light Headlight Cluster under Glass, New 'Vete
Photo 5: Rear Wheel Arches & Edgy Contours of Rear Trunk, Old 'Vette

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am selling my '98 Vette to buy my Sky. The fact that it does have similar features to the C6 is EXACTLY what attracted me to it in the first place. I spotted an article online just over a year ago. And since then, the Sky is the only other car I can see myself being happy with. I can't wait to get my Sky (this week I hope!), but I'll definitely miss the horses under the hood.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Horses!!!

MyMidnightSky said:
I am selling my '98 Vette to buy my Sky. The fact that it does have similar features to the C6 is EXACTLY what attracted me to it in the first place. I spotted an article online just over a year ago. And since then, the Sky is the only other car I can see myself being happy with. I can't wait to get my Sky (this week I hope!), but I'll definitely miss the horses under the hood.
If you want "horses under the hood" you buy "horses under the hood."
But, When you want to enjoy the drive and have the "open air", where you can SEE AND FEEL the sky (especially here in LA), driving the SKY is the way to go. And its much more environmentally and "pocket book" friendly, using less gas then a big ole' V8 :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts