Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many coughed up the extra bucks to get the yellow???

I heard someone say chrome on yellow will not look so great and I am second guessing my choice...should have got black maybe...I will love it no matter what but just getting nervous.

I also got the spoiler.

We'll see in May I guess.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Haven't ordered yet, but leaning heavily to yellow. No decision until I see an actual color chip. There is too much variation in the photos I've seen... in some the yellow looks hot, in others it's not so compelling. My fallback postion is the Midnight Blue with tan top and interior. Liking the spoiler, too.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm leaning towards yellow also. If I decide to back out, I'll go with Silver Graphite

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:

I heard someone say chrome on yellow will not look so great and I am second guessing my choice...should have got black maybe...I will love it no matter what but just getting nervous.

I also got the spoiler.

Dont back out..... THE CHROME ON YELLOW.. LOOKS AWESOME.. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:

I also got the spoiler.

I actually think chrome on yellow is great -- it is too jaring on dark colors. In fact it seems to be less noticable -- I think chrome looks best against red and yellow. Since I've done red -- I went for Yellow....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yellow for me w/spoiler. Have had the yellow Xterra for 6 years and it's ME!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I ordered yellow and polished rims .....
I didn't like the way the others look.... sorry but I see them and I see a pimp driving the car in my mind.
I will probably go after market on the rims if I have some money left after putting the double exaust and other extras that I want.
I lov the way the yellow looks ....even though there are no good looking pictures in yellow. but I think the silver looking color is the best, but taking care of that metalic color wont work for me.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
azote said:
I didn't like the way the others look.... sorry but I see them and I see a pimp driving the car in my mind.
I will probably go after market on the rims if I have some money left after putting the double exaust and other extras that I want.
I lov the way the yellow looks ....even though there are no good looking pictures in yellow. but I think the silver looking color is the best, but taking care of that metalic color wont work for me.
they don't offer polished, just painted or chrome....

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Got the call today to come in and place my order. The dealer wanted two choices for color, so I told them #1 is Sunburst Yellow/Black Top/Black Leather Interior #2 is Midnight Blue/Tan Top/Tan Leather Interior. According to the chart in their order book, Yellow and Midnight Blue (and a couple of other colors) are only available with leather interiors. They had color chips in the book and the yellow is a good rich yellow. The Midnight Blue is very dark metalflake. I had to take it out into the sunlight to get it to look blue... an then only when I got the right lighting angle on it (less of a problem on a curvey car vs. a 2 sq. in. flat chip, I would imagine). Very pretty blue.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Haven't seen the blue on the Sky but did on the Solstice loved the colour:)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are those painted or chrome???

Fricking Sweet either way

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just painted I think...you guys think the bling bling will be too much with the chrome???

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I think it's a matter of taste. Some would probably think black wheels would be sharp. Maybe even pink:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
azote said:

How are you going to put in a double exhaust without having to change the rear facia?:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
311 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:

I also got the spoiler.

I saw a yellow S2000 with chrome and it looks sweet! I wanted to get a yellow Sky, but my wife almost had a heart attack! I guess it will have to be a Chili pepper red for me.:lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
just painted I think...you guys think the bling bling will be too much with the chrome???
Maybe on yours -- they'll look fine on mine!:thumbs:

·
Registered
36 Posts
hmmm.....

Tell me if this is just me. Take a quick look at the post by Taylormutts with the picture and then come back here............you back? Does our car look kinda like a newer Viper if you look really quick? Everytime I see a picture really fast that is the first thing I think of. Or occasionally I see a Crossfire the way the windshield trim is always silver no matter what color the car is.

Yellow is nice. I picked silver pearl because of the way it shows off body lines, almost went with white like my current car. But I like yellow a lot

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm getting yellow with the painted wheels. I think the painted wheels go much better with the silver windshield trim and the silver trim just behind the cockpit! If those two items were chrome, I would order chrome wheels.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts