Saturn Sky Forum banner

Do you now own a Sky?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've have lost track on how many people have gotten their Sky, so please if you are an owner sign in.

I also would be interested in knowing if any of you new owners have had any issue with the drive line "clunk" or leaking pinion seal as is the case with about 12% of the Solstice owners cars from our sister site.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I got mine 5/23/06. VIN 101472. No clunk - auto.
:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Got mine...

It clunks occasionally, but I don't consider it an issue. Absolutely no problems with leaks or other workmanship issues. Car is still perfect at 1,926 miles.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Got SKYBABY.... she has now... 4000 GREAT SMILIN' MILES on..... occasional clunk.. but we love her anyway...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had mine 2 months now. The only problem I have had with it is that I can't go 1 mile without someone stopping me and falling in love with it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please...This is not intented to be a general problem or fault thread. I only want to know about the drive line. I have a feeling the carrier (diff.assembly) in the Sky is somehow different from that of the Solstice. At this point there is no hard evidence to prove that, but if we don't have a leak issue on your cars show up before 6K +- miles we may learn something. It is believed that there is a new part # for the carrier in the Solstice now and it might be that the Sky hit the ground with this newly designed part in place. At this point we just don't know...Yet! Thanks. :cheers:
Please indicate if your an owner on the single option poll.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got mine 05/04/06
1400 miles so far
Lov'in it!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Tant no problem with my rear end, tant no problem with the SKY rear end either. Tant heard no clunk but then I don't shift at low rpm's. Only have 800 miles on it so far. At 1000 miles I will change oil and have Saturn of Huntsville check the rear end, not mine but my cars.......Skip.....:lol: :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
New Sky

Picked up my SKy on 4-28-2006 Vin:100583
Had to much oil in crankcase, and there was no license plate light.
They kept it 2 days to fix the license plate light.
So ckeck all your lights and oil level

:thumbs:

·
Registered
420 Posts
picked up on 5/27 :)
no problems so far as I can tell

·
Registered
174 Posts
Got ours about 3 weeks ago vin# 1102 I think...Only have 300 miles on it...Really just a toy for me and wife...pphjj

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
picked it up 5/26
500 miles

wheel rub issue (has the factory fix, but looks like the fasteners popped out)
lots of wind noise behind passenger and drivers head (maybe normal, gonna take the dealer demo out for spin to see if its the same.)
very slight clunk when shifting a low rpms, but not as bad as the dealer demo.
Dash vent stuck on open. air comes thru vents at freeway speeds as if the fan were on

no major issues.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
had mind 2 months and a week today, 7,100 miles no rear leaks.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
170 Posts
no clunk or any problems so far, 2100 miles

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Picked her up 5/12, no clunk or oil leak.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Got her 3/30, Shes got over 3000 miles, no wheel rub (still getting fix though), no clunk, no leak, just smiles.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Got mine 4/20, 2500 miles, occasional clunk, no diff leak, wheel rub (to be fixed), top fit problems (to be fixed)
Very happy and loving it! :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts