Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never really thought about this until I got the Sky... how do you park your's? Do you park in one spot far away, two spots far away, one spot close and hope for the best, etc.? I have seen cars take as many as 4 spots, now that I think is a little overkill but I did go to Wal-Mart today and take up two spots... but it was at the side of the building, WAY away from the entrance so it's not like they were desirable spots. Just wanted to know people's opinions on this. I searched and didn't find any similar threads but if they are any please point me to them so I can check them out. Thanks :)

·
Registered
877 Posts
I never take more than one spot, I try to park at the ends and away from the spot next to me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'll prolly park way out to the end of the row and rope it off....if I ever get it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, Skystar... maybe you could get some of those velvet ropes like they have at the movie theatre along with a red carpet! :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
If my car is in more than one spot, it's only because I'm still getting used to it. I try to back in so I can always see when I pull out, and I'm still not used to the Sky's width. Around here, most people have pretty nice cars, so it's not too hard to park next to a car that the owner wouldn't want to mess up by dinging you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm thinkin' more like barbed wire.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I park mine far away, or at the very end of a row if the car next to me has 4 small doors that can't reach.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Take more than one spot and you are risking getting keyed...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I park in the handicapped parking...Skip....Right out front, everybody can see it....:cool:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I always park in one space and as far away from everybody eles as possible.
People who take up two spaces are just asking for there car to get keyed.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Skip said:
I park in the handicapped parking...Skip....Right out front, everybody can see it....:cool:
Me too! Then I watch it from the inside also.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Angle

I try to park away from main areas. The car is so short you canpark at angle in one spot and not give much surface area for door to open into.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Currently, I got my park somewhere in Delaware for now ... but one day I will be parking it here in upstate New York at the end spot next to the curbed corner. I try to get close to the curbing so to leave extra space for cars parking next to me. :cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
Never really thought about this until I got the Sky... how do you park your's? Do you park in one spot far away, two spots far away, one spot close and hope for the best, etc.? I have seen cars take as many as 4 spots, now that I think is a little overkill but I did go to Wal-Mart today and take up two spots... but it was at the side of the building, WAY away from the entrance so it's not like they were desirable spots. Just wanted to know people's opinions on this. I searched and didn't find any similar threads but if they are any please point me to them so I can check them out. Thanks :)
I have two armed guards follow me in another car and lay land mines all around the car.:willy:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Depends...sometimes I park it along a horizontal open section of curb that separates two vertical sections of parking. The car is so small overall it does not impede any traffic in the lot. But definitely in the farther out spaces...this way I get extra exercise. Funny how people still walk all the way out there to stare at it. I'd love to get a remote activated voice speaker that I could click as someone is standing there and I walk up from behind. I'd love to see there reaction as the car speaks to them with something sassy like: "what you looking at? Can't you see I'm trying to nap?"

·
Registered
804 Posts
I always try to park next too a really nice car. If there is a beater with a spot open by it, I move on. People tend to TRY being careful if their car is nice too- but one with 3 different color sides with rust poking through just don't seem to mind if their door bumps anyone elses.
I don't take up more than one space (3/4 of a space is more exact). Taking up 2 spaces only invites people to mess with your car instead of admiring it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I prefer to park along side a curbed spot where I know there is at least one side of safety, even better if there is a tree to keep the car cool in the shade.

I have noticed a good number of prime spots up close I seem to find now, and its funny when I drove my SC2 I always saw amazing cars parked in the best spot in the lot and I always thought "how do they always get the GOOD spot"... well now I know, its just in the cards when your car is a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Way in the back!! The walk helps me lose some weight!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
what I have found kinda funny but annoying is that no matter how far away I park, (way out there, all by myself) it never fails that when I come back out there are cars parked on both sides of me!

I've noticed that people will park next to it to get a good look. defeats the purpose of me parking 3 miles away from the front door. :willy:

as a result, the taking 2 spots idea crosses my mind everytime but I still havent' done that for fear someone will decide to key it. Practically everyone I've asked has stated that they get PO'd when they see someone take 2 spots, even if its at the end of a lot. I know a few people who have nice cars and have been keyed and I think some of them were taking 2 spots at the time.

I like the landmine idea.. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts