Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many Sky's are produced each day?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
At the end of the month they'll post official build information. Till then I'm not sure.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yikes! Only 25.....I will never get mine!!! :driving:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm not allowed to tell the number, but the local news paper said that the Wilmington plant increased it's output capacity to 150 vehicles per day, when they added a third shift.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If there not building the Opel, and with the numbers, that have been around for last year or so. 50 would be a good number or 2:1 in favour of the Solstice JMO

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Have they stopped building the Solstice. Is the line ours now? Brentil will you post the numbers when they are available?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:
How frequently are the trucks leaving? Are any going by rail? You probably can't say, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I was told that they get loaded on transports and then taken to the rail hub.... stop at rail hubs along the way and then offloaded onto another transport to the dealer destination..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
bob said:
I'm not allowed to tell the number, but the local news paper said that the Wilmington plant increased it's output capacity to 150 vehicles per day, when they added a third shift.
Wow, thats great news. At that rate we should all have ours soon.... thx :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bob, does Wilmington have a railhead at the plant? I've been to more than a dozen assembly plants recently and all have a railhead. But none were the Wilmington plant. What kind of activity is happening-rail or transport?:banghead:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
Have they stopped building the Solstice. Is the line ours now? Brentil will you post the numbers when they are available?
No they are building both at the same time....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
Bob, does Wilmington have a railhead at the plant? I've been to more than a dozen assembly plants recently and all have a railhead. But none were the Wilmington plant. What kind of activity is happening-rail or transport?:banghead:
Well I don;t know if you call this a rail head or they just ship parts and supplies into the plant but this is a picture behind the plant of some rairoad cars and tracks

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great Idea Ernest

:agree:

I think this is a great idea. Tell you what Ernest, I'll by the black hats and some plastique - you think of the name of our Sky-thieving gang. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
They might be ramping up Sky production rates still too, but with the knowledge of building the Solstice already I wouldn't be suprised if Sky ramp up was pretty quick.

Since the Opel GT is based off the Sky Redline, and that isn't being made yet either I'm pretty sure the line is jsut base Sky and Solstices right now.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:
I sure hope so, we need some midwest/west coast deliveries!! Maybe we should like Jesse James and hold up them thar railroads, geet early deliveries on our
SKY's!! BTW How the heck are tonite sweetie?:cheers: :thumbs:
We need to get SKI-UPS.. pooches on the job......... that would do it.. SkyBaby-07

1 - 19 of 19 Posts