Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard what quantities the Solstice is being produced in yet? Can we expect the Sky numbers to be equal or lower? :willy:

·
Registered
82 Posts
rick112 said:
Has anyone heard what quantities the Solstice is being produced in yet? Can we expect the Sky numbers to be equal or lower? :willy:
Better part of a thousand production models built to date. Relatively few delivered. Appears they want them just right before delivering based on a recent GM communication (memo) that was shared on the SOL forum. (the build estimate does not come from that memo.)

·
Registered
623 Posts
rick112 said:
The number I keep hearing thrown around is 9000 by years end.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What would be the production volume for something like a Corvette or a Miata?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
So far we know of VIN # 715 being produced on 8.26.2005. According to reports about ~800 have been produced so far. Supposedly this last week about ~300 cars produced, up from ~180 the week before. A near doubling in a week is significant increase. Eventually they'll reach 56 cars per day per shift, with two shifts a day making 112 cars a day total. With about ~250 working days they'll make the estimated 30k cars a year for the three brands.

When it comes to the Sky production I don't think we'll see as slow ramp up along with some of the initial issues. There might be some issues still though, but since all the under parts will have been being built for several months any mechanical issues should hopefully be resolved by then.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Delnari said:
Somebody correct me here, but the Corvette is over 30K a year.
2003: 27,974
2004: 35,276
2005: 16,634 (Jan-Jun, down 9% in Jun 2005 over 2004 sales)

The Employee Pricing was not extended to the Corvette since it started in June. I'm betting that hurt its sales over the last year for various reasons. With record sales going on, a lot of perspective buyers might have gone with more 'sensible' cars with the Employee Pricing rebates in effect droping the prices of many of the high end SUVs/Trucks by fairly large ammounts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts