Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know what they charge, and what they would do. on the skys

is the 1st service 600 or 1000 miles

mobil one on the red line will be a little more then the std model i guess.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Why would Mobil 1 be more on a R/L than on a base Sky??? :confused: Go to Walmart and buy it and bring it in to the dealer for your change...that's what I'm doing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just thought the std sky did not come from the factory with mobil one.

anybody know what they charge ?

i would like to work on my brothers car but he has to much money invested so i will stay back and WATCH !!

let the saturn pros handle it

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
just thought the std sky did not come from the factory with mobil one.

anybody know what they charge ?

i would like to work on my brothers car but he has to much money invested so i will stay back and WATCH !!

let the saturn pros handle it
The base Sky doesn't come with Mobil 1 from the factory. When I inquired at my dealer as to how much an oil change was, they told me that it was around $30, but I'm assuming that would be with the regular dino oil supplied by them...since I am supplying my own Mobil 1, they said that they will just knock off the price of whatever they normally charge for the oil itself.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nothing

First service is on the house at my saturn dealer.:D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
cool i see you also have a motorcycle, no sitting around for you i guess.
This is true. :D When I'm not in my Sky...that usually means I'm on my Harley. :thumbs: Sometimes I have a hard time deciding which one I want to take...unless it's raining, then the Sky wins everytime cuz riding in the rain ain't no fun. :jester:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
First service shouldn't be anything more then the oil change. That's technically not till ~5000 miles too. A lot of members change out around 1000 miles though just to be safe.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
First service shouldn't be anything more then the oil change. That's technically not till ~5000 miles too. A lot of members change out around 1000 miles though just to be safe.
Yes muy first service was an oil change -- but there was a list of things they checked as well and they said the second one would be the same. I did the first oil at 1000 miles. I plan to go until the oil is at 20% or Spring for the next.

·
Registered
98 Posts
does anybody know what they charge, and what they would do. on the skys

is the 1st service 600 or 1000 miles

mobil one on the red line will be a little more then the std model i guess.
Saturn should pay for your first service fr free.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I got Mobile 1 Synthetic at my first service and mine was free. :thumbs: Not sure how long that will last but have a good thing going with my dealership.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I saw someone is going to wait till about 20 percent oil life to change it. Is that typical? Im at 1,084 miles on mine but with 85 percent oil life left.....was wondering how other people decide when its time.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I saw someone is going to wait till about 20 percent oil life to change it. Is that typical? Im at 1,084 miles on mine but with 85 percent oil life left.....was wondering how other people decide when its time.
I did Missy's first one at 3000 miles. I will do them every 5000 after that just a force of habit I guess.

·
Registered
171 Posts
cuz riding in the rain ain't no fun. :jester:

Been there, done that. Last time was on highest mountain on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Two drops, then downpour. Got rain gear on, but all that did was make me feel like a water balloon :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The monthly report from OnStar says that oil life requires no service until 20%. At that point you should make an appointment for an oil change (You get a yellow at the service check, red below 15% I think). I checked w/service and they said they have the same information.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I put Mobile 1 Synthetic in SKY at 1000 miles. Old school from my Dad...metal shavings and other crap may be in new engines so get it changed soon.

I went with the more expensive Synthetic to help the high rev/harder working little engine of the SKY. We use Synthetic in our street motrocycles for the same reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.