Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I can't find it. I went 3400 on 5/3 and was wondering what kind of timeline I'm looking at now. :confused: My sales man. didn't say anything about a TPW but I would think that I should have one and maybe a VIN# at 3400. Any input?:willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I can't find it. I went 3400 on 5/3 and was wondering what kind of timeline I'm looking at now. :confused: My sales man. didn't say anything about a TPW but I would think that I should have one and maybe a VIN# at 3400. Any input?:willy:
The average from 3400 (in production) to 3800 (produced) is about a week. I have seen a few people who didn't go to 3800 for 2 weeks but in general, a week. mine was at 3400 for 5 days then 3800.
not everyone gets a tpw for some reason. Doesn't really seem to be consistent, and the vin comes at 3800, not 3400. Again, MOST of the time. There have been exceptions to this rule reported by various people
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
A dealer here in Toronto told me one of his cars went from no TPW to shipping in a week. Some of the confusion seems to be a problem with getting paper work moving through the system.

Of course even when the car is built it could site waiting for quality checks or for a truck or rail car to fill. We've heard about cars sitting for weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
rick112 said:
Of course even when the car is built it could site waiting for quality checks or for a truck or rail car to fill. We've heard about cars sitting for weeks.
Yep, I'm praying that that doesn't happen to me. I've been 3800 for almost a week now. which isn't out of the ordinary I guess.... I want to see 4000!!! then 4200!!!! :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
850 Posts
usmc said:
Yep, I'm praying that that doesn't happen to me. I've been 3800 for almost a week now. which isn't out of the ordinary I guess.... I want to see 4000!!! then 4200!!!! :D
Com'on USMC, you know how it is in the military, hurry up and wait!:willy: Same way with the Sky, but this time the wait is worth it!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
TexSon said:
Com'on USMC, you know how it is in the military, hurry up and wait!:willy: Same way with the Sky, but this time the wait is worth it!:cool:
HEHEHEHEHEHE, no joke!!!

I think this would be easier if we didn't know anything at all. Thats how it was in the military days so it was easier to deal with, they never told us anything.
but with this, to much info just makes us over anxious... hmmm, I'm beginning to see why they kept us in the dark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
And here I sit, waiting waiting waiting. Salesman said he was told last nite, "dont be surprised if her Sky is here in the am when you get in" Well here it is, another day and no sky. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Who really knows???

My dealer said mine is "in transit" and should be here by the 16th.
Untill them I am :banghead: :willy: :willy: :willy: So, good luck to us all who are playing the waiting game
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Seagull said:
My dealer said mine is "in transit" and should be here by the 16th.
Untill them I am :banghead: :willy: :willy: :willy: So, good luck to us all who are playing the waiting game
Please note: He did NOT say the 16th of what month...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
usmc said:
HEHEHEHEHEHE, no joke!!!

I think this would be easier if we didn't know anything at all. Thats how it was in the military days so it was easier to deal with, they never told us anything.
but with this, to much info just makes us over anxious... hmmm, I'm beginning to see why they kept us in the dark.
:agree: I am sitting in the exact same place as you with the same color and options. Dealer said that they heard it straight from the horses mouth the car would be built this week. when I called yesterday they had no info and Im not sure the car is even in production; yet somehow they are getting an automatic in next week as a demo. In fact the last 5 they took delivery of were all auto's. the only reason i got the manual was because the auto wasn't supposed to be available till fall.:mad: If my get my Sky I wont be able to drive it because all this bull$h:tdrives me to drink too much:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
ROPER said:
:agree: I am sitting in the exact same place as you with the same color and options. Dealer said that they heard it straight from the horses mouth the car would be built this week. when I called yesterday they had no info and Im not sure the car is even in production; yet somehow they are getting an automatic in next week as a demo. In fact the last 5 they took delivery of were all auto's. the only reason i got the manual was because the auto wasn't supposed to be available till fall.:mad: If my get my Sky I wont be able to drive it because all this bull$h:tdrives me to drink too much:cheers:
As a few of us have posted -- They DO have info -- they DON'T seem to want to share
What is your order number? - What is your status number? And finally do you have a TPW? And if you do have a TPW what is it? That is the very same info EVERY SATURN DEALER HAS. If they say they do not have it they are not telling you the truth...:nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rick Tinley Park said:
As a few of us have posted -- They DO have info -- they DON'T seem to want to share
What is your order number? - What is your status number? And finally do you have a TPW? And if you do have a TPW what is it? That is the very same info EVERY SATURN DEALER HAS. If they say they do not have it they are not telling you the truth...:nono:


Hi Rick,
Are you still at 3000 with a TPW? Just wondering what your status is now since we are on nearly the same timeline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
Hi Rick,
Are you still at 3000 with a TPW? Just wondering what your status is now since we are on nearly the same timeline.
I was as of 5/2....
I ask for updates once a week...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top