Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am getting SSR racing wheels for my V8 Sky, how much do you think I should ask for my stock (non-chrome) wheels on e-bay? I hear there are some Solstice drivers who want the Sky Wheels, so I am sure there is some demmand.

·
Registered
354 Posts
do you have a wheel to spare ?

I'm looking to buy one wheel (with or without the tire, I'll can get my own tire) to keep as a spare. I would rather have a spare at home if I ever need it, then to try and find one quickly when I need it.
I'm still not comfortable with driving without a spare.
( only 2 major things I do not like about the car -no spare & Poor Radio Display, image paying over $ 800.00 for this radio )
I have blown out 3 tires, bending rims in Philly pot holes late at night, sometimes in not so good area's, in the last 12 years, and it was only a 15 minute fix.
Without a spare its going to be a 2 to 8 hour problem plus $$$$$. I know most have not had a flat in this century but ....
Maybe we can find 3 others who might want a spare, It would solve your problem and ours .

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I am interested in a spare:thumbs: I like that idea......I would definitely consider purchasing a wheel to keep in case of emergency.

·
Registered
354 Posts
How much should I ask for stock Wheels?

Since I am getting SSR racing wheels for my V8 Sky, how much do you think I should ask for my stock (non-chrome) wheels on e-bay? I hear there are some Solstice drivers who want the Sky Wheels, so I am sure there is some demmand.

Ok we have 3 that might be sold, need a 4th and a price.

Is the tire with it. Where are you located ,for shipping. I'm in PA

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Depends on condition. I bought an entire set of painted Sol wheels for $400 but one of them was severely damaged. As mentioned it also depends on if the tires are included or not too.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I would consider buying one for a spare. With or without the tire.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks like we have 4 sold

,,,, all we need is a price and if they come with the tire.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not planning on selling the tires at this time, so it would only be the rims. I likely won't see the car for at least another month while Mallett works on it either, but I assume the rims will be in factory condition. I will try and find out what saturn charges for a replacement part rim and discount the price based on that. I will post back here when I figure it out.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ok, Let us know when you ready to sell.
Has anyone found a jack that will work with the SKY? My floor jack is too high to fit under the car. I look over the weekend ( I did not look very hard, did more driving then looking) and all I found was a $ 99.00 low profile jack. I was trying to put together a EM kit- spare tire, tire iron and Jack. I did get the Tire Iron.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Jack from a Mercedes

southphillylakes said:
Has anyone found a jack that will work with the SKY? .

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
southphillylakes said:
Has anyone found a jack that will work with the SKY? My floor jack is too high to fit under the car. I look over the weekend ( I did not look very hard, did more driving then looking) and all I found was a $ 99.00 low profile jack. I was trying to put together a EM kit- spare tire, tire iron and Jack. I did get the Tire Iron.
Pep Boy's has a 4.5 inch clearence floor jack for $39.95
Sears has a floor jack (4.5 inch) for less -- I think I saw it on sale recently for $19.99!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Floor Jack

Aluminum racing jack lifts 3000 lbs. to a maximum height of 14-3/4". Made out of machined, high strength,aircraft aluminum billet material. Has 4-5/8" wide, single front roller wheel with a low profile 3" minimum saddle height. Saddle has a 360° rotating rubber pad.
Minimum saddle height: 3''
Handle overall length: 35-1/2''
Two piece knurled aluminum handle prevents slipping
Overall dimensions: 19-3/4"L x 9-3/8" W x 8" H
Tool weight: 24.2 lbs.

ITEM 91039-4VGA
$89.99

·
Registered
354 Posts
wt2ga & Rick

Thanks, that was fast

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
wt2ga Aluminum racing jack lifts 3000 lbs. to a maximum height of 14-3/4". Made out of machined said:
low profile 3" minimum saddle height[/B]. Saddle has a 360° rotating rubber pad.
Minimum saddle height: 3''
Handle overall length: 35-1/2''
Two piece knurled aluminum handle prevents slipping
Overall dimensions: 19-3/4"L x 9-3/8" W x 8" H
Tool weight: 24.2 lbs.

ITEM 91039-4VGA
$89.99
JUST PUT A HOIST IN YOUR GARAGE LIKE WE DID, IT COST A LITTLE MORE, BUT YOU GET ALOT OF PERKS :D LIKE CHANGING YOUR OWN OIL, UNDERBODY WORK, ETC....
CHECK OUT PROFILE PICTURE..............:)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
JUST PUT A HOIST IN YOUR GARAGE LIKE WE DID, IT COST A LITTLE MORE, BUT YOU GET ALOT OF PERKS :D LIKE CHANGING YOUR OWN OIL, UNDERBODY WORK, ETC....
CHECK OUT PROFILE PICTURE..............:)
I can understand needing a Hoist to keep the Chrysler products on the road.. :D

You won’t need it much for the SKY..:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
wt2ga said:
I can understand needing a Hoist to keep the Chrysler products on the road.. :D

You won’t need it much for the SKY..:thumbs:
:nono: ...................OH OK.........duh

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Do NOT use a normal jack unless you have jack inserts. You'll crush the side panels otherwise.

Look online for "corvette jack insert" and you'll find what you're looking for. Or you can make them using a hockey puck and a 1 1/2" eye screw.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts