Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting the forest green or midnight blue. I was wondering if a tan top and tan interior is a bit much? Should I get tan for both? black top tan interior? tan top black interior?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
I was looking at getting the forest green or midnight blue. I was wondering if a tan top and tan interior is a bit much? Should I get tan for both? black top tan interior? tan top black interior?
I have midnight blue/black and love it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
I don't think you can get a black top with tan interior or vice versa. If you order the tan top, you get the tan leather seat inserts.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
SKY VUE 1 said:
I don't think you can get a black top with tan interior or vice versa. If you order the tan top, you get the tan leather seat inserts.
SKY VUE 1 is right.

·
Super Moderator
11,489 Posts
I have the blue/black combo and have seen the blue/tan combo. If it wasn't for the fact that I feel it is hard to keep a tan top clean I would have loved to have had the blue/tan. It looks SO nice. I haven't seen the green yet (black or tan) so I can't comment...but blue/tan is just sweet as hell.

And yes, tan top=tan inserts. No other way to get them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
SKY VUE 1 said:
TexSon has green with tan. I think it looks great from the pictures (haven't seen one in person).

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3984
Okay - I have been fighting this uphill battle for a while. I originally wanted midnight blue - tan interior with a black top - you cannot order that. the only car with those combos is black. See the order guide so you can figure out the available combos.:)

I think the two tone interior in any color is gorgeous. :thumbs: Just worried how the tan top will look in a few years.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah thanx for the info on it having to be a combo. cause i love the two tone seats as well. anyone got a link to the avaiable combos i can look at? i havn't found one about color choice of top

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Sw, here is a pic of the inside of mine..... BLACK ONYX.... TAN/BLACK INTERIOR...TAN LID....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
Of course it's all a matter of what floats your boat. Buying a new car is an emotional decission, especially with a car as beautiful as the SKY. This is no mini van or suv, so tell your brain to take a hike and listen to your heart.:leaving:

The only reason I am writing you is My top two choices are midnight blue and forest green, plus you are the only other person i've seen who likes forest green.:D I don't wish to influence you either way.:nono:

Black goes with anything but tan is a perfect contrast for the blue and green.
So I have already decided on TAN/TAN with whatever colour I finally decide on.:willy:

the HORNET:jester:

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can get a black SKY with tan leather and black top...there is one on eBay like that now. (or was a day or so ago).

·
Registered
432 Posts
AUsomTiger said:
You can get a black SKY with tan leather and black top...there is one on eBay like that now. (or was a day or so ago).
I didn't believe until I looked it up myself. Sure enough, it has black/tan interior and a black top. I wonder if it was a factory boo-boo, if the owner knows someone who works at the factory that made a custom modification, or if the top was dyed after the car was delivered? Has to be one of these, because you can't order it this way...

·
Registered
540 Posts
SKY VUE 1 said:
I didn't believe until I looked it up myself. Sure enough, it has black/tan interior and a black top. I wonder if it was a factory boo-boo, if the owner knows someone who works at the factory that made a custom modification, or if the top was dyed after the car was delivered? Has to be one of these, because you can't order it this way...
Nope, not a factory boo, boo. If you look at the available color combos it shows that black onyx is the only color where you can do that. See my link above and look at the color options page - I think its page eleven.:thumbs:

·
Registered
432 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
Nope, not a factory boo, boo. If you look at the available color combos it shows that black onyx is the only color where you can do that. See my link above and look at the color options page - I think its page eleven.:thumbs:
Oops! My boo boo.

Great. Now I have another decision....black interior with black top, or tan interior with black top?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I ordered a Green/Tan base sky. It was GORGEOUS!!!!!

In fact, it was UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS!!!!!

And then I declined it when it arrived, because of the R/L.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh................................

But my R/L is going to be green/tan. I can't get over how good it looks.

Anyway................. by the book, it's tan/tan on the top and inserts. However, you can order the blk top separately and have it installed by the dealer.

For an additional fee, of course.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wanna Know Somethin' Funny?????

When I read the title of this thread, I thought that when the word "tan" was referenced, it was that the drivers were driving with the top down too much and all the guys were looking like George Hamilton... ha ha ha

Then I realized it was about the top..... :D

Typical coming from someone in the Los Angeles area, where it's been so crazy hot!!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
When I read the title of this thread, I thought that when the word "tan" was referenced, it was that the drivers were driving with the top down too much and all the guys were looking like George Hamilton... ha ha ha

Typical coming from someone in the Los Angeles area, where it's been so crazy hot!!!
don't worry I thought the same thing........since so many people comment about my tan...LOL

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

I think it would be more like..... HOW MANY SHADES OF RED DOES A LOBSTER COME IN???? SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 30 Posts