Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To Order The Redline My Dealer Wanted 500 And Now He Might Want 1000 Down And Another 500 When He Gets To Place My Order That Sounds Kind Of Hi. He Also Said The Paper Work.inspection/tittle And Regs Was Aonther 499.00

Am I Getting Hosed ?
What Are Some Of You Guys Paying.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
For a deposit?

hayabusa said:
To Order The Redline My Dealer Wanted 500 And Now He Might Want 1000 Down And Another 500 When He Gets To Place My Order That Sounds Kind Of Hi. He Also Said The Paper Work.inspection/tittle And Regs Was Aonther 499.00

Am I Getting Hosed ?
Most are putting $500 or $1000 down as a refundable deposit. In case you don't want the car when it gets here. You should not have to pay for ANY paperwork until you take delivery of the car. Some of the other money he should not ask you for either, but he might want to see your commitment before he "special orders" a car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
hayabusa said:

Am I Getting Hosed ?
I only put 500 down and then nothing else until my car came in... Their Doc fee sounds pretty high, I would see if they could cut some slack on that, that used to be part of the overhead except for the TTL fee. Most dealers will come down on the DOC fee at least half...

·
Registered
132 Posts
My dealer didn't require anything down which seems a little abnormal after reading other posts. Seems 500-1000 is normal. If you can swing it and you know you are going to wait out the game that is the GM experience it doesn't really matter as it will come off of the price of the car anyway.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks__bust his balls a little hes the same guy who said no auto for the redline yesterday. Boy what a nightmare statement that was.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TRUE__YES THE DOC FEES sound high only have one dealer near me but 3 pontiac dealers wanted between 175 and 225

·
Registered
388 Posts
We had to put a $2,000 deposit here in California.

·
Registered
149 Posts
$100.00 is all I had to put down.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
$1000 seemed to be the norm for the origional Sky. I not only thought of it as me showing a commitment to buying the car but also conformation that I did buy it! I thought it showed we were both committed.:lol:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I haven't put anything down but I did volunteer to if the GM wanted me to. It's not like they can't find me since I work here...
I was bugging him earlier since we got AURA images to order to check if there was anything on the SRL but not yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just got in line for the REDLINE ( first in line ). There was no request for a down pmnt., Although i will use my first Sky as a trade in. Plenty of time for things to change.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
My local dealer requires no deposit. They are not taking deposits on any of the Skys they are selling. So far they have delivered three cars as of today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts