Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
If your offering to buy my Sky...:)

If someone offered $36K for mine, it would be gone before I could tell my wife. I could use the extra 10k for the down payment on the next Sky in 2007.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'd sell it for anything that netted me a decent profit. It would mean waiting for another new car to come in, but I'd be a little richer for my patience. I'd say it would have to be about $1000 over whatever I paid, out the door (including taxes). Possibly $500, but the lower it was, the less inclined I would be to wait longer.

For $36K, I would hand detail it before delivering it to the buyer and fill up the tank! :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm thinking I could probably be easily persuaded too...for the right price. :D With the extra $$$, I'd run down to the nearest dealer that has a Redline list started and get my name on it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
311 Posts
nscrbug said:
I'm thinking I could probably be easily persuaded too...for the right price. :D With the extra $$$, I'd run down to the nearest dealer that has a Redline list started and get my name on it. :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
483 Posts
<gulp> This has been one of my fears while my Sky has been held hostage at the dealership.

·
Registered
122 Posts
the funny thing is, i guarantee you most of the dealerships that are selling ove MSRP are not paying the salespeople a percentage of that....

i know that for a fact that in Southern California, the salespeople are not getting paid on the markup (maybe thats why i cut them some slack), i guess they are still not as sleazy as those honda/toyota salespeople :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
It seems sad that some folks with too much cash burning holes in their pockets can get the jump on some of us that have had deposits in on the Sky for ... in my case 10 months. I guess the dollar rules, but perhaps not for all.

I spoke with my dealer today - they have a Sky that they use for show - its not for sale but is used to draw people into the dealership - and that seems to be working bigtime... He said somebody walked in and offered 42,000 for it and they turned him down!

Ethics is a wonderful thing when you find it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
skl8260 said:
<gulp> This has been one of my fears while my Sky has been held hostage at the dealership.
Are you paper delivered? If this is a fear, ask to be paper delivered, you will then own it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
122 Posts
just sign the paperwork, and drive it onto the street and back, and guess what? you're a proud owner!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Everything I'd just paid and $7K for all my waiting/stalking time. Then I'd be able to keep my L200 for the winters.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I think I'd do it for 5k profit. So actual amount over msrp would probably be more like 8 or 9k 9 to cover the taxes/fees/registration I had to pay.

I'd take that extra 5k and put it down on the RL.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Okay gang...just because I can...
Why is it okay for an individual to make a profit on a SKY but not the folks who pay the floor plan, insurance, light bill, salaries and health benefits for the employees?
Playing devil's advocate,
Jill

·
Registered
304 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Why is it okay for an individual to make a profit on a SKY but not the folks who pay the floor plan, insurance, light bill, salaries and health benefits for the employees?
Jill
I agree, if it's the demo. Nothing wrong with profit as long as you are not taking the vehicle that was allocated to somebody. When did making money become so taboo???

·
Registered
94 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Jill
Good point :confused:

I supposed it's because, as consumers, we feel that dealers are already making a profit when selling at MSRP and that profit is figured in as part of their std. income. Charging more is simply being greedy. It's like purchasing a new home from a builder. The price is set based on costs of land, materials, and labor. Once I, as a consumer buy it, if the values go up quickly I can sell it and make a profit on my investment...... but I see your point, just not sure if it's right.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Jill
That's easy -- all of what you said has been paid already. The person wanting specifically MY SKY wants it now -- does not want to order one cheaper and wait -- for the right to to have mine and the convinience - I tack on a profit margin. He or she is welcome to skip me and order one.
A Saturn tore is welcome to tack on more -- and if someone wishes to pay it - I have absolutely no problem letting them do it. However, I do think it is dishonest when they say "everyone is doing it." Again -- I will not sell my Sunni unless they pay me double.... I will tell them they can buy a new one cheaper.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I've waited almost a year for this car. I think about it all the time. The number would be so high that knowone in their right mine would pay it. But if they did I'd be on the Redline list in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts