Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Sky a month ago and I don't really expect it to be in until early next year. Having said that I have read several times that dealers can shuffle their orders and put new orders ahead of existing orders.

So, I am curious how often I should call the dealer to check on my order and find out my position on the list. I want to do it often enough that they don't forget about me, but not so often that they get tired of me and bump my order altogether. :confused:

I look forward to your replies.

Johnnie

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Every Tuesday!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
SkyHighinTX said:
I ordered my Sky a month ago and I don't really expect it to be in until early next year. Having said that I have read several times that dealers can shuffle their orders and put new orders ahead of existing orders.

So, I am curious how often I should call the dealer to check on my order and find out my position on the list. I want to do it often enough that they don't forget about me, but not so often that they get tired of me and bump my order altogether. :confused:

I look forward to your replies.

Johnnie[/quo

YO JOHNNIE, I EMAIL ONCE A WEEK, AND CALL EVERY OTHER WEEK.....:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
We ordered 5/19

Our dealer said "4 months". And claims that they have no way of knowing where things are in production. "just because the report says in production doesn't mean that the factory said that, just the software..."

Geez....

We're thinking September....

cw

·
Registered
34 Posts
skyhigh
I just got news that my silver sky has just been built.. getting loaded on a train sometimes this week and will be here in 2 weeks or so. From Houston...
kinda changing my mind about getting it or not... wanna buy off my spot?
U can get it in less than a month instead of waiting for months and months

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Did your dealer give you an order number? If so you can call Saturn Customer service and they can check the order progress for you. I have to warn you that the information isn't always as accurate as one would like. It seems as though no one at Saturn talks to one another.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I know that we ordered from the same dealership, but I haven't been able to get much information out of them. I try to check every 3-4 weeks, but I haven't even been able to find out if I have an order number or not. I know that my order is in the GM system, but I don't know if it has been picked-up yet or not. Let me know if you find out a way to get them to spill the beans!:)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
QuiltingDiva said:
And claims that they have no way of knowing where things are in production.

cw
They are full of BS. The only time it might be off is when you go to code 3400, sometime's you will not get a TPW, but your Sky will just get built. Also when they say shipped, once they turn it over to the trucking Company there records show shipped even though it can be in the trucking company's invetory untill they get a full truck load.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I followed up with the dealership and still cannot get much more information. I do know, however that I have moved up from number 13 to number 10 in the past month. That is consistent with their monthly allocation of 3.

If the timing holds true, I could be imaged in October/November depending on what they do with RL orders.:willy:

Johnnie

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rick112 said:
Did your dealer give you an order number? If so you can call Saturn Customer service and they can check the order progress for you. I have to warn you that the information isn't always as accurate as one would like. It seems as though no one at Saturn talks to one another.

You know, the dealership will not give me the order number because they say that the order number is not anything "I need". He says that the order number is "for their records only".

Is that something I should be concerned about?:confused:

Johnnie

·
Registered
342 Posts
SkyHighinTX said:

Johnnie
I would be. It would show me that your dealer doesn't want to give you the information that is out there and is freely supplied by most other dealers. It wouldn't cost them a cent... all they come across is being dishonest or having something to hide by not telling you your order # or status.

As rick112 said above, with your order# you might be able through Saturn Customer Service to determine the stage your order is in.

Dealers like yours that decide upon themselves what they'll share or keep secret are a*holes! Their arrogant "know-whats-best" attitude should be rewarded with them having to find another line of work for a living. :mad:

btw... my wife & I loved Schlitterbahn when we visited earlier this summer!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
deluke said:
They are full of BS. The only time it might be off is when you go to code 3400, sometime's you will not get a TPW, but your Sky will just get built. Also when they say shipped, once they turn it over to the trucking Company there records show shipped even though it can be in the trucking company's invetory untill they get a full truck load.
And believe me -- they get invoiced (meaning it has left the building) so they are just dodging you. Sure TPW's could be off and there may be delays that they have no explaination for -- but if you ask for what your status code is -- say once every other week -- all they have to do is check and tell you....

·
Registered
230 Posts
SkyHighinTX said:
You know, the dealership will not give me the order number because they say that the order number is not anything "I need". He says that the order number is "for their records only".

Johnnie

I walked into the Saturn of San Antonio today and asked for my order number and event code - they seemed happy to give it to me! Go back in there and ask again.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts