Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried burning a cd with mp3s and see how it plays? I have never used an iPod or any of the newer model mp3 players, but I have used several different portables, the portable cd player type. The first one I had was the very first portable cd/mp3 player that Radio Shack released, about 5 years ago. It was VERY picky on the integrity of the mp3 files. If there was the slightest error, the thing would just skip over that track and give up. I also have a fairly recent Sony cd/mp3 portable, and though it does not seem to mess up when an mp3 has a small error in it, it takes FOREVER to turn on, and is picky on what type of cdr discs it will read.

Is the Sky's mp3 player pretty forgiving on these issues? Does it like to skip files that have a small error in them? Is it picky on the type of cdr disc it will read?

·
Registered
802 Posts
ku4zs said:
Has anyone tried burning a cd with mp3s ..............(skipped).......... issues? Does it like to skip files that have a small error in them? Is it picky on the type of cdr disc it will read?
I have a 2000 Saturn with CD player. I have burned many mp3's and played them with no skipping whatsoever..I did have a '95 buick and the same cd's jumped all over the place. I would say technology has caught up with itself. The only limitations I have found with mine is the amount of songs appears limited..like one cd has 150 mp3's on it and it doen't play all of them. May just be limited to the age of the machine. This is probably not an issue with this player.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't know if the SKY's CD player will play MP3 CDs or not. I think it just has an input for an MP3 player like an IPOD. If you're interested in doing this, all you have to do is just plug your IPOD into the jack on the head unit.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
MrJester said:
I don't know if the SKY's CD player will play MP3 CDs or not. I think it just has an input for an MP3 player like an IPOD. If you're interested in doing this, all you have to do is just plug your IPOD into the jack on the head unit.
If I remember correctly the Sky for $590.00 will have a cd/mp3 player... Sometimes have memory lapse Skip... Blame that on the govt. everybody else does.... :willy: :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
MrJester said:
Both of the upgraded stereos will play CDs that you burn MP3s onto. The jack is just a typical "line-in" (usually referred to as AUX, for Auxiliary Line-In)... same as the line-in jack that portible stereos have... You can even play an 8-track through the line-in if you really wanted to! :D

Ski-up? Ya got any 8-tracks?? :confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Spag said:
Both of the upgraded stereos will play CDs that you burn MP3s onto. The jack is just a typical "line-in" (usually referred to as AUX, for Auxiliary Line-In)... same as the line-in jack that portible stereos have... You can even play an 8-track through the line-in if you really wanted to! :D

One or two but the player would take up the passenger seat. Skip....:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Skip said:
One or two but the player would take up the passenger seat. Skip....:lol:
That is true my friend! Those things were HUGE!!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
ku4zs said:
Has anyone tried burning a cd with mp3s and see how it plays? I have never used an iPod or any of the newer model mp3 players, but I have used several different portables, the portable cd player type. The first one I had was the very first portable cd/mp3 player that Radio Shack released, about 5 years ago. It was VERY picky on the integrity of the mp3 files. If there was the slightest error, the thing would just skip over that track and give up. I also have a fairly recent Sony cd/mp3 portable, and though it does not seem to mess up when an mp3 has a small error in it, it takes FOREVER to turn on, and is picky on what type of cdr discs it will read.

Is the Sky's mp3 player pretty forgiving on these issues? Does it like to skip files that have a small error in them? Is it picky on the type of cdr disc it will read?
My SKY came with a port on the bottom right corner that you can plug in your iPod or various types of MP3 players and play directly through the stero. So you really don't need to worry about burning disks.:thumbs:

·
Registered
54 Posts
So where is everyone laying or putting the iPod while listening. I was hoping there was a little slot in the dash (like next to the "passenger air bag" light). I think I might get myself a little gift (like a new iPod nano or iPod video in black...you know, so it matches the interior :)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
foolintherain76 said:
So where is everyone laying or putting the iPod while listening. I was hoping there was a little slot in the dash (like next to the "passenger air bag" light). I think I might get myself a little gift (like a new iPod nano or iPod video in black...you know, so it matches the interior :)
The only spot in my car would be a flat spot right under the parking brake handle. That is where I currently rest my SLVR.:)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I play MP3's on my Solstice all the time with no issue. Even while I'm racing. :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
marklynn70 said:
The only spot in my car would be a flat spot right under the parking brake handle. That is where I currently rest my SLVR.:)
Is there a discreet little place where one could put a strip of Velcro? Then an Ipod (or like) could be attached on the side of the dash, shifter, center console... Someplace??:confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi

I have a Question from which Manufacturer are the Radios in the SKY?
(By OPEL they are from BLAUPUNKT oder SIEMENS-VDO)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Spag said:

Skip made a bookshelf out of 8 tracks I think.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
OPELGTdriver said:
Hi

I have a Question from which Manufacturer are the Radios in the SKY?
(By OPEL they are from BLAUPUNKT oder SIEMENS-VDO)
They are Monsoon -- I believe that is Delphi....

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
O-man if Delphi....gos out on strike we will be on hold for radio next Seal9:willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
seal9 said:
O-man if Delphi....gos out on strike we will be on hold for radio next Seal9:willy:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Don't jinx us! :jester:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
skywulf said:
Skip made a bookshelf out of 8 tracks I think.
Got it right next to the concrete blocks with wood across to support my old 33rpm records. Yessiree looking good. Skip... mellowed out.:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.