Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started looking at buying a sky last week and was told there is a 12 month wait here in fl. So I posted on the for sale section of this site and was told I had a better chance of finding big foot( that was to funny).So on wed I called all the saturn dealers here in fl and asked them if anybody changed there mind at the last minute and did not want the car to call me. I wanted a silver graphite loaded and auto,but would look at all others.I got 3 call backs. Yellow one in south fl $26,500-I was not sure about yellow so I waited to the next day,but it had sold when I called them back. 2nd call silver pear manual $28,500,the buyer changed his mind,car is being ship as I write.All most bought this one.Salesman was willing to take deposit over phone with credit card,but I waited and got the call friday for one I was looking for silver graphite,auto and she is in my garage.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
May I be the first to offer you congratulations!

Have fun this weekend!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check the trunk...maybe there is a VERY small bigfoot in there!!:D
You are very fortunate, enjoy the ride, you will find it was well worth the short wait...lol. Got mine in the same luck of the draw style also.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Congratulations! And I do believe you did find Big Foot, check around your right ankle!:D

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I called several dealers as well, and I just got a call back yesterday. I will be going in to look at an available Sky this afternoon after it is taken off the truck and prepped. The dealer is going to do all of their add-ons to get extra money out of these cancellations, but if you are flexible with features and colors, I am told by one dealer that I should be able to get into a Sky pretty quickly.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Good job!

·
Registered
804 Posts
You should get your plate "BIGFOOT". It would be a good conversation piece.:lol:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
You should get your plate "BIGFOOT". It would be a good conversation piece.:lol:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I asked my dealer about cancelled orders and found out they had a list for this as well. So when they get one they run down the list and call to see if there is intrest in the car they have. I believe he said there where 15 people on this list.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good idea on the plate! :) Congratulations to you, Dhappy!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Good work on that search and enjoy the ride!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
130 Posts
SolWhat? said:
May I be the first to offer you congratulations!

Have fun this weekend!!
Aren't you in Kansas City????

·
Registered
105 Posts
People not taking their Sky's

Hmmm, I wondered about this. My dealer only wanted a refundable $100 deposit with no obligtaion to keep the the car.

So even if I didn't want it, why wouldn't I take it and sell on E-bay or offer for a bit more?

Not that I would ... I'm too psyched for my black & red int Redline to show, but it maybe, well ... that's one more thing the dealer doesn't know about the car :)

Scott/Minneapolis

·
Registered
18 Posts
you got lucky my man! I attempted this manuever also but no such luck. Nice job!

·
Registered
203 Posts
You D'man, Dhappy!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats. :cheers: That WAS fast. Mine was only halffast.:thumbs:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Dhappy said:
I started looking at buying a sky last week and was told there is a 12 month wait here in fl. So I posted on the for sale section of this site and was told I had a better chance of finding big foot( that was to funny).So on wed I called all the saturn dealers here in fl and asked them if anybody changed there mind at the last minute and did not want the car to call me. I wanted a silver graphite loaded and auto,but would look at all others.I got 3 call backs. Yellow one in south fl $26,500-I was not sure about yellow so I waited to the next day,but it had sold when I called them back. 2nd call silver pear manual $28,500,the buyer changed his mind,car is being ship as I write.All most bought this one.Salesman was willing to take deposit over phone with credit card,but I waited and got the call friday for one I was looking for silver graphite,auto and she is in my garage.
I found half the fun is in waiting. Sorry you lost out on this part of the experience. Good luck with you car!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts