Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ideally don't get wax on the trim. that's nearly impossible though. I have found the I can use the blue edge tape you buy at Home Depot, Lowes aor any paint/hardware store does the job pretty well for detail work.
Test it on an obscure area first, it shouldn't leave any mark behind on the paint surfaces after removal. Easy enough to apply and remove.
Good luck, looking forward to any other ideas too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
go to the auto store and get a bottle of Wax Blaster. It will clean that mess up in a hurry.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Maguires Vinyl cleaner treatment takes it away....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, peanut butter is cheap and handy. I guess that I will try it first. I've heard of using peanut butter many years ago, but didn't now if I was getting my leg pulled or not.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.
Don

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
Well, peanut butter is cheap and handy. I guess that I will try it first. I've heard of using peanut butter many years ago, but didn't now if I was getting my leg pulled or not.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.
Don
What you are doing is introducing oil on to teh plastic whic makes the white haze "get wet" and dissappear. The Maguire's Vinyl cleaner/treatment does the same thing. The only worry about peanut butter is two-fold - Is the oil ok with the plastic - could it damage it? (I really kind of doubt it) and will it wash off after a while?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts