Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this how to some how estimate when your getting your sky, First find out how many people are in front of you on the list at the dealership you went to. Now saturn up till last month had enough skys to send out 2 per dealership per month as of this month the production is up'd, there is now 4 skys being sent per dealer ship, per month.

·
Registered
358 Posts
illness said:
Hey guys this how to some how estimate when your getting your sky, First find out how many people are in front of you on the list at the dealership you went to. Now saturn up till last month had enough skys to send out 2 per dealership per month as of this month the production is up'd, there is now 4 skys being sent per dealer ship, per month.
Thanks. This probably explains why I was told last week that I can expect delivery a few weeks earlier than expected!! Can't Wait!!!!! Now looking at late August early September :willy:

·
Registered
540 Posts
illness said:
I have been under the impression that different dealerships received different allocations ??? So you are telling us that each dealership gets 4 per month irregardless of dealership volumes or size ?????:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
illness said:
This is too big of a generalization. I know of a few retailers that are getting 2 and 3 SKYs per week. The store I work for received 4 SKYs last month and we are only expecting 3 this month. We have delivered a total of 9 SKYs since March/2006... :eek:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IT was what i was told.

·
Registered
994 Posts
If that is true, it will be years before I get a car. I was told in May I was 38 on the list. I spoke with the sales guy yesterday who said they had sold one more car and I was still 38 on the list. You do the math! :banghead:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Well,.... i dont do MATH... but... i think.. you can estimate the delivery of your baby WHEN YOU GET THE CALL....... :lol: j/k ... seems that at different times of production since the start, it has not been consistent on how many each dealership get and when... or heck... even the right ones come in ,,, in the order they were imaged...too many variables to take into account :banghead: ... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
illness said:
That formula is bogus...I hope that is not how you got your November delivery date or you may wind up being very dissapointed.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
ctyankee said:
If that is true, it will be years before I get a car. I was told in May I was 38 on the list. I spoke with the sales guy yesterday who said they had sold one more car and I was still 38 on the list. You do the math! :banghead:
You need to know ---> Total allocation to your Saturn Store.
If you are 38 on a list for 25 cars....:willy: Also for every five cars allocated it seems that works out to about 1 car a month delivered so if you dealer has 40 cars allocated then he is getting about 7-8 cars a month delivered. Then you can work out a realistic delivery (or not) date.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice try on the estimate...way off though. Different dealerships WILL get different allocations.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That formula is bogus...I hope that is not how you got your November delivery date or you may wind up being very dissapointed.
I will get my car november 06 and that formula is right for the Texas area.
The Manager of my Dealorship said i will have my car in 90 days. He is my good friend i wont be let down.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
All Dealers are not getting two per month. That is a bad rumor who ever told you, sorry.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Allotments are based on volume of sales & politics. My dealer has already delivered 24 this year, with more coming. This is evidenced also by the fact that they/I received one of the first 31 R/L's alloted the 1st week.
No wonder Why !!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was just told by my Dealer that they were pleasantly surprised to be able to do three new images just a week or so ago. They said they had a hunch things were really picking up as it was very slow throguh at least the early summer.

My hunch based on what I'm reading here and elsewhere is that Saturn is allocating between 2 and 4 Skys a month per dealer. Production numbers are ramping up a good deal. I'm #1 on the dealer list. I'm thinking mid-late November delivery.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Politics

Allotments are based on volume of sales & politics. My dealer has already delivered 24 this year, with more coming. This is evidenced also by the fact that they/I received one of the first 31 R/L's alloted the 1st week.
Earnest is right! Being #1 on R/L list for over a month, I was told yesterday by GM of the only dealer in MS. they may have gotten all (2) of the R/L allotments for the year. He suggested I call other dealerships. Didn't tell him I have deposit at another dealership and on about 4 different list. Guess I need to call Earnest dealer to see where I'm on their list. People in Mississippi are just good ole boys and don't do politics very well.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I talked to my dealer he has been getting a steady one allocation per month, I think every dealer gets a different allocation qty level, I was the first customer to order a redline so my thinking is if they are looking at a 40% redline rate I am probably still acouple months away from my dealer getting a redline allocation, but who knows maybe I will get lucky:thumbs: and they will get a redline allocated sooner.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Allocations all depend on the dealerships sales and size.........big sales dealers will get more and little ones will get very few to no R/Ls for a very long time. Luckily my dealer is one of; and was, the biggest sellers in the nation.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The average cars per dealer you can control easily every month by GM's official plant production data:

Sales and production data

With the actual round about 1000 Sky's per month production and ~ 500 Saturn dealers the average couldn't be higher then 2 cars per dealer. If one gets 4 cars, two others only get one.

The question is if your dealer is an "average" or a "low" or a "high" number dealer :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts